Page 24 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Keep abusing it — does the “it” refer to the Ruger or your hands?
    Both. But much better without the Rogers grip. I can’t recommend that thing -at all-.

Vending Machine Operator
    CDNN would appear to have new LCRs with red fiber optic front sights on sale for $299.

I'm unaffiliated with CDNN, just love sharing a good gun sale.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 08-17-2018 at 10:35 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Both. But much better without the Rogers grip. I can’t recommend that thing -at all-.

Just confirming — this is what we are talking about?

https://holsterops.com/products/roge...anced-lcr-grip
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Ruger LCR?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    it is now out of stock.
    Well crap.

My three boxes are on the way, I’ll post back the results, I liked it at the regular price, it went on sale while it was in my cart.

Seems like Brownell’s web site and prices have much improved of late. I seem to be ordering more and more stuff from them these days.
    Last edited by RJ; 08-18-2018 at 08:01 AM.

I'd be curious to see if the Rogers grip is more at home on a 3" LCR. Perhaps even a 22 or 32 caliber standard model. The Tactical Professor had noted some issue with the Rogers stock on a 38 Special LCR a little while back:

"The Rogers stock feels really good to handle but during the first string my immediate thought was 'Whoa, this thing kicks!'"

https://tacticalprofessor.wordpress....aring-the-lcr/

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Just confirming — this is what we are talking about?

https://holsterops.com/products/roge...anced-lcr-grip
    Yes. Says “Rogers” on the back. Hard plastic, decently gripping sides. Just as large as the Ruger factory grip, but slides out of pocket a bit easier.

Feels like getting hit by a ball peen hammer on the thumb MCP joint each shot.

Hammertime
    Picked up the .22 LCR. Immediately put 100 rounds through it. Nice. Very nice. Likes the cheap Aguila 40 grain too!

First ten:

Measured and that is 100 with proper elevation.

Tried again with a higher drive the dot sight picture:

Didn’t do my part quite as well so 95/100.

Then did a Supertest subtracting my reload times which were significant: 8-10 seconds.

I wish I could shoot a legitimate sized caliber as well as .22. I need to learn the “universal revolver reload” as the 22 brass needs a harder wack than the 9mm Moon clips I have just been thumbing out so far. Also a speed loader just isn’t as fast.

Moved to the 9mm LCR for 315 rounds. It ran great. Total at 990 and I see no areas where things are hanging up on grit, etc to suggest it needs cleaning at all.

Didn’t shoot the larger caliber as well. I was thankful to have the stock Hogue grip on. I can’t figure out what to do with my support thumb and think it is best in the frame just below the cylinder?

Vickers 300 which I somehow killed at the 20 yard line after a shaky start.

I think I may keep it to 200 rounds a session going forward as my shooting really deteriorates the last 100 with this pistol.

I read all the J frame love threads, but I find it hard to recommend any other small revolver than the 9mm LCR at this point for defensive use, if someone wants a revolver. It is a recommendation of ignorance, but I can’t see what a J frame or different centerfire caliber could possibly do better. This gun has been amazing.

Hammertime
    Just a photo comparing the stock Hogue Tamer to the boot grip Hogue Tamer to the hard plastic Rogers.

@Enel - Great info as always.

You may have covered it, but could you briefly contrast the LCR in 9mm vs. the .38/.357 models, from your experience?

Thanks!

Hammertime

Ruger LCR?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    @Enel - Great info as always.

You may have covered it, but could you briefly contrast the LCR in 9mm vs. the .38/.357 models, from your experience?

Thanks!
    Not possible as I have only shot the LCR in 9mm flavor. Like I said it is a recommendation from ignorance. I have an SP101 I have run a few .38 and .357s through but that was years ago and it is a much heavier gun.

I can’t carry the LCR in pocket (Nemesis holster) without a ton of printing. It draws nicely but there is no question I have a gun in my pocket.

I have been informed that an 11oz J frame carries smaller. I think if I end up with a practical carry small revolver it will be an airlite J frame in .22 like Claude Werner. 43c I think is the model?

210 through the LCR today. Total at 1200. No lubrication, no cleaning, no malfunctions. Just sore paws.
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 08-21-2018 at 08:34 PM.

User Tag List