Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    What would your definition of "very proficient" with an LCR 9mm? Like drills/times? Lawnguy says he wants to become very proficient with one, but I suspect the number of people who are legitimately very proficient with an LCR 9mm probably number in the double digits.
    Since you have something in mind, what is your definition of proficient? Hard Wired has revolver standards, that perhaps Darryl or Wayne can post up.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I suppose I ought to look around before asking more often,

Rogers grip for the LCR
    https://holsterops.com/collections/r...anced-lcr-grip

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Eastex View Post
    I suppose I ought to look around before asking more often,

Rogers grip for the LCR
    https://holsterops.com/collections/r...anced-lcr-grip

And here are the moon clip holders:

https://holsterops.com/collections/r...lver-clip-case

Sent from my iPad

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Since you have something in mind, what is your definition of proficient? Hard Wired has revolver standards, that perhaps Darryl or Wayne can post up.
    I just don't know how practical it is to bring up Bill Rogers shooting prowess every time lawnguy asks about some pocket revolver.

I just don't know how practical it is to bring up Bill Rogers shooting prowess every time lawnguy asks about some pocket revolver.
    Bill is the SME when it comes to shooting the .22 magnum revolver and the LCR. Back to your question, did you say what your definition of proficient with a LCR is?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Bill is the SME when it comes to shooting the .22 magnum revolver and the LCR. Back to your question, did you say what your definition of proficient with a LCR is?
    Lawnguy said he wants to be "very proficient" with an LCR. I doubt that many people will ever be proficient with an LCR, whatever that may be. Bill Rogers is the SME in pocket revolver eye socket shooting. I don't think that's really applicable to the millions of lawnguys out there, as most people will never even come close to that level of mastery. I asked what your opinion on what drills/times would show someone proficient with an LCR. This is starting to feel cyclical.

This is starting to feel cyclical.
    That started a while ago.

I have some range time with both the 9mm and .327 LCR's. I had hopes for the .327 as the idea of an extra round was appealing, but it felt like shooting .357's out of an Airweight, and the revolver was just too bulky. The 9mm was better, both in terms of accuracy, POA/POI, and moon clips are the bomb for improved reloading. I liked the smaller size of 5 9mm's in a moon clip, smaller than my usual .38 reloads. LCR's have good triggers out of the box, but I still think they are too chunky for comfortable pocket carry, for me. Maybe Rogers' grips will help; the Ruger rubber grip is very comfortable to shoot, but fat. At the end of the day, the LCR is too much bigger than my 442 or 340PD, both of which are cut for moon clips, have better sights. On the other hand, if you want a relatively cheap moon clip carry revolver and the LCR works for you, I'd pick the 9mm.

LCR 9mm:

Name:  lcr9 - 1.jpg
Views: 4384
Size:  37.3 KB

Two Smiths:

Name:  snubs - 1.jpg
Views: 4309
Size:  85.4 KB

.38 moon clips with Del Fatti pocket carrier

Name:  delfatti - 1.jpg
Views: 4260
Size:  49.7 KB

Milk jug holster slims out the profile in the pocket

Name:  holster - 1.jpg
Views: 4305
Size:  59.6 KB
    Last edited by SteveB; 09-27-2016 at 06:00 AM.

How is the recoil with the 9mm LCR? I shot a coworker's S&W 940 when they came out and found it excessive for my taste. Strange thing is that shooting magnums out of my SP101 didn't bother me

Is 9mm ammo cheaper in price than 38 or 357?

User Tag List