Page 14 of 101 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    A lot. I can shoot hundreds of my .38 WC loads through my LCR without even a pink palm.
    Agreed. Target wadcutters make J-frame practice comfortable. I use the Federal Gold Medal for carry,
    http://www.federalpremium.com/ammuni...-handgun/gm38a

and have had good luck with the Precision Delta remans for practice.
    http://www.precisiondelta.com/produc...ed-ammunition/

Georgia Arms also has good prices on wadcutters and a good reputation, but I haven’t tried them.
    http://www.georgia-arms.com/38-speci...ead-wadcutter/
    Last edited by peterb; 06-11-2018 at 09:13 PM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Yea I would say that's a significant difference. Lol

Do you use the stock grips ?
    Yes, only thing I changed was the front sight.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I'm guessing Waddcutters still beat out .380. Is my assumption correct ?
    I’ve seen no testing to prove either way. I prefer to think of the Airweight J/LCR .38 loaded as *I* will actually shoot them/practice with them as being functionally equivalent to a .380 from one of our G42s: they are both adequate backup/deep concealment guns, my wife will actually shoot the G42, while my wrist doesn’t complain after practicing with either of them if the .38 is loaded my way, and that’s not a bad set of parameters.

I also think most of the knack of getting the hang of these things has mostly to do with trigger anyway, and shooting at 7-10 yards is going to be most of it. So shooting a mild load that doesn't hit exactly to POA, or a rimfire, is going to cover the progress of somebody that is new to them for quite a while.

Has anybody here shot .38 Special Buffalo Bore 150gr wadcutters in their LCRs?

(My interest is to know whether they hit higher than typical 148gr wadcutters, since BB loads are usually rather more potent.)
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

I love these small revolvers. Lately playing with a 43c and 351c. Interestingly, I took notice of the specs on the LCR and noticed the .38 is 13.5 oz, the .357 is 17.7. You can tell the difference each 4 or 5 oz. I would venture the .38 in the .357 frame is more tolerable. The longer LCR grip helps as well. I did not care for the 9mm version.

Yes, only thing I changed was the front sight.
    BBL I apologize if I missed it but what sight did you end up with on your LCR?

For the price point and as a dog walking gun, I’m leaning towards picking up a LCR 357 Model 5450.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    BBL I apologize if I missed it but what sight did you end up with on your LCR?

For the price point and as a dog walking gun, I’m leaning towards picking up a LCR 357 Model 5450.
    Novak “Mega Dot Tritium”, which does change the sight picture. You can drive the dot pretty well, for accuracy you use the center tritium dot like you'd normally use the top of a front sight post in relation to the rears. IIRC, At 7 yards, the front sight covers a 2" circle completely so not a super precise sight, but for intended purposes they are very fast to acquire and I had no problem holding a 2.5" group at 7y. That's about .75" larger than I could hold the factory black blade to, but I can see the Novaks on any color background and was significantly faster to acquire the sights and break the first shot.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Novak “Mega Dot Tritium”, which does change the sight picture. You can drive the dot pretty well, for accuracy you use the center tritium dot like you'd normally use the top of a front sight post in relation to the rears. IIRC, At 7 yards, the front sight covers a 2" circle completely so not a super precise sight, but for intended purposes they are very fast to acquire and I had no problem holding a 2.5" group at 7y. That's about .75" larger than I could hold the factory black blade to, but I can see the Novaks on any color background and was significantly faster to acquire the sights and break the first shot.
    Thanks BBL.

I am leaning towards shooting it as received, but will keep that in mind.

A pinned front sight was one of the things that attracted me to the Ruger.

Hopefully I’ll be visiting my LGS this weekend to see if they have a LCR 357 in stock. My plan is to start with a box of S&B 148 LSWCs and see where POI is.

Guess I will need to start looking at holster threads, too.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Thanks BBL.

I am leaning towards shooting it as received, but will keep that in mind.

A pinned front sight was one of the things that attracted me to the Ruger.

Hopefully I’ll be visiting my LGS this weekend to see if they have a LCR 357 in stock. My plan is to start with a box of S&B 148 LSWCs and see where POI is.

Guess I will need to start looking at holster threads, too.

Thanks again.
    If you want to try my ruger LCR in .38 out, I'm game...

User Tag List