Page 57 of 101 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

The weight is the only thing that keeps me from drinking the SME kool-aid on this. Well, that, and the fact of having to stock another snowflake caliber in today’s ammo market. But anyways, the whole point of the LCR—to me—is the “L” part. As soon as a “pocket” gun equals or eclipses, say, a G43 in weight, it begins to suffer from competition for the pocket. JMO.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    The weight is the only thing that keeps me from drinking the SME kool-aid on this. Well, that, and the fact of having to stock another snowflake caliber in today’s ammo market. But anyways, the whole point of the LCR—to me—is the “L” part. As soon as a “pocket” gun equals or eclipses, say, a G43 in weight, it begins to suffer from competition for the pocket. JMO.
    Exactly. I like my LCR 9 because it shoots well-vetted defense loads and doesn't require a boutique caliber. But it's just too big and heavy for me to carry in a pants pocket. So my pocket carry is now a Kahr p380 loaded with Underwood/Lehigh XP 90gr +p (1000fps).

Neither of us is a large dude, so maybe a few extra ounces is more noticeable in our pockets?
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Doesn’t that depend upon the round — I have heard the .327 magnum loads are on the order of shooting .44 magnum out of a Scandium 329!
    Yes. The .32 H&R mag rounds are GTG. .327 Federal are more sporty. I have a 432 in .32 H&R. It is not unpleasant to shoot.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Doesn’t that depend upon the round — I have heard the .327 magnum loads are on the order of shooting .44 magnum out of a Scandium 329!
    Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    Yes. The .32 H&R mag rounds are GTG. .327 Federal are more sporty. I have a 432 in .32 H&R. It is not unpleasant to shoot.
    Yeah the H&R Mags are definitely the Goldilocks round for the LCR. .32 Longs are just too easy and the .327 Mags are sporty ( although I would not put them anywhere near the same class as shooting a 44 Magnum. And I've only shot 44 Magnums out of full-sized all steel-framed, massive Ruger and S&W)

Site Supporter
    I've said before that shooting full power 327s out of a SW 632 3 inch SS, comped and hammered gun had two characteristics:

1. It was loud and flashy. When I shot it in an IDPA match, the SO thought I blew up. I had switched from 32 SW Long to the 327 for some steel that previously sneered at the Long rounds. The gang also thought I blew up.

2. It does kick and surprisingly so. I shoot 45 ACP all day. This was stronger.

That 632 is a sweet heart of a gun. It fits little old me nicer than my SW Model 19.

Just shot my first LCR today. (Finally got past the UGLY). It was a 38 2" DAO. I shot a Buffalo Bore 158Gr SWCHP Non+P . It was healthy in the recoil department but it put them right where I was looking at 15 yds. 5 shots into 3". That works for me. I think a hook was set today, but 600+ retail is a bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post
    Just shot my first LCR today. (Finally got past the UGLY). It was a 38 2" DAO. I shot a Buffalo Bore 158Gr SWCHP Non+P . It was healthy in the recoil department but it put them right where I was looking at 15 yds. 5 shots into 3". That works for me. I think a hook was set today, but 600+ retail is a bit much.
    $500 shipped with tritium FS, and IWB/AIWB kydex?

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I shot DocGlock's LCR 22 this afternoon. Very easy to shoot, and way easier to shoot than my 43C!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Hammertime
    I shot DocGlock's LCR 22 this afternoon. Very easy to shoot, and way easier to shoot than my 43C!
    Why do you suppose? Better front sight? I shoot it better too but the Smith has a better overall trigger I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Why do you suppose? Better front sight? I shoot it better too but the Smith has a better overall trigger I think.
    Mostly trigger, but the sights are also better.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List