Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 519199100101
Results 1,001 to 1,005 of 1005

Thread: Ruger LCR?

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Why do you think the LCR carries better for you than the J?
    Carrying both in a pocket A-Holster, the 351PD has a tendency to rotate towards the my centerline where the .22LCR stays steady in its position. Haven’t looked into the why or it, but I sure notice it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    Anybody decide to go back to an OE front sight after trying alternative F/O, tritium or Big Dot ?
    I have the 38/357 2" and added the XS Tritium front sight that Ruger sells. After a lot of dry fire and some live fire, I went back to the original factory post front. As the XS sits proud of the square rear notch accurate shooting is very difficult for me. Hard to explain, it seems to be more of a "this is basically where your muzzle is pointing" front sight with little elevation indication. It only offers me the same "good enough" accuracy as I can get with target focused shooting using the standard front sight. However, the standard front sight also offers more accuracy when I focus on it. My M&P340 is similar but at least the rear notch is U shaped though the front XS still sits high in the notch.
    Adam

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by APS-PF View Post
    I have the 38/357 2" and added the XS Tritium front sight that Ruger sells. After a lot of dry fire and some live fire, I went back to the original factory post front. As the XS sits proud of the square rear notch accurate shooting is very difficult for me. Hard to explain, it seems to be more of a "this is basically where your muzzle is pointing" front sight with little elevation indication. It only offers me the same "good enough" accuracy as I can get with target focused shooting using the standard front sight. However, the standard front sight also offers more accuracy when I focus on it. My M&P340 is similar but at least the rear notch is U shaped though the front XS still sits high in the notch.
    I've had similar experience, tried the XS and took it off in pretty short order, I put Hiviz on my 38 and 9mm with good results but precision drops off after 12-15 yds, guess I cant complain, that's my intended role for those as back ups but I do shoot better at distance with the factory sight.

Site Supporter
    Just for kicks - does anybody have a 3" LCRx (with adjustable rear sight) and a standard enclosed hammer 2" model?

I'm extremely curious if it's possible to swap the upper and lowers between the two, for stupid reasons I'll keep in my own head for the moment.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Just for kicks - does anybody have a 3" LCRx (with adjustable rear sight) and a standard enclosed hammer 2" model?

I'm extremely curious if it's possible to swap the upper and lowers between the two, for stupid reasons I'll keep in my own head for the moment.
    I was wondering the same thing the other day.

User Tag List