Page 76 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

Cheap SlimTuk (?) is in, added a DCC clip and it is okay. Putting some combat bands on it to improve retention soon, using rubber bands in the mean time because I like holsters to keep a pretty tight grip on the gun. It has a weird hole spacing, so could only screw in one of the DCC holes (phrasing?), but it is still solid. Added Velcro on the back of the DCC clip and holster to act as a second strut. I’m used to this weird spacing and retention from knives, so I know some hacks to get it to work. For $32 shipped it isn’t too bad.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Kirk; 05-21-2022 at 07:54 PM.

How much heavier/worse is the trigger on the .22 LCR vs the .327?

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipulusArmorum View Post
    Totally subjective on my end, without measuring, but I'd say the .22 is noticeably firmer but not enough so that I can't swap between the .22 and centerfire guns and need to think about it. FWIW. Definitely not as heavy as one of the S&W rimfires.

I also feel as if the reset of the .22 LCR has more emphasis behind it, similar to a fresh rebound spring in a J. I'm fairly broken in to the LCRs now but initially I felt I hit the false reset at speed more frequently with the .38 LCR.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscipulusArmorum View Post
    I'm still waiting on my 22LR LCR, but speaking from J frames - the trigger pull is firmer, but it is far from a limiting factor in capability of the total package. It comes from a heavier hammer spring to increase the odds of ignition in rimfire ammunition.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    So I picked up my Rimfire Pistol Iron gun for Steel Challenge to go with my RFPO gun... a Ruger LCR in .22lr . Can someone give me a good idea of what breaks on these guns with a lot of dry fire? Any parts in particular I should stock up on? I have an idea on S&W revolvers from a prior thread a few years back thanks to Jetfire, but don't know much about what breaks on LCRs. This gun will see a good amount of dry fire but probably only 5-10k rounds per year.
    Quick update: I sold out and bought an Alfa Proj .22lr today for SCSA since I’d like to make a run at GM in my lifetime . Back to regular LCR discussion.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Offensive Industries has a fairly minimalist LCR holster: https://violenceismandatory.com/skel...cr-38-holster/

@Clusterfrack

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Offensive Industries has a fairly minimalist LCR holster: https://violenceismandatory.com/skel...cr-38-holster/
    @Clusterfrack
    “Skeletor” LOL!
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Alabama holsters pocket rig.

Picked up a rogers grip for it. Going to cut them down and glass is. See how I like that, but they do not look too much thinner than these Hogues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter

Minimalist LCR Holster

Here's a minimalist holster that differs from the current hard body holsters. The body facing side protects against sweat. The outward facing side is open for comfort. This is a variation of a holster I carried in NY some 40 years ago. The original was a loop to stop the frame from slipping down attached to a thin metal strip covered in plastic that extended up to a belt clip. It's the next best thing to no holster at all.

Name:  IMG_0712.jpg
Views: 759
Size:  71.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0713.jpg
Views: 749
Size:  80.6 KB

Name:  IMG_7756.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  39.4 KB

This is 48 rounds from my LCR 22lr. Mostly old Thunderbolts. 8 rounds of Winchester in the 555 pack and 8 rounds of old Wildcats, all from 18 yards.

Hits were centered except for the Wildcats which hit high, left.

I had difficult extraction when I got the LCR where nothing would extract without pushing the rod against a hard object. I sent it back to Ruger where they replaced the cylinder. Now, only some ammo is hard to eject. Quality ammo like Velocitor and Mini Mags are hard to eject and cheap stuff like Thunderbolts eject easily.

I really want this gun to work with all ammo so I'm going to use a finish reamer on it as soon as I can find one.

User Tag List