Page 56 of 101 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    And you gained another follower. What sight are you running on yours?

Has anyone tried a standard XS dot on a .327?
    Factory sights on the gun, my eyes are still pretty good so I can see the white post pretty well, even with the gutter rear sight.

Does anyone have the weight of a .327 loaded with .32 H&R?

Considering weight, size, caliber, capacity and shootability, what is the LCR of choice out of .22, .327, .38 or 9mm for pocket carry?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Considering weight, size, caliber, capacity and shootability, what is the LCR of choice out of .22, .327, .38 or 9mm for pocket carry?
    Daryl, Chuck Haggard, and Jetfire all seem to agree that the sweetness is the .327 loaded with .32 H&R mags.

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    I replaced the front sight on my 9mm LCR with a HIVIZ. https://www.hivizsights.com/product/lcr2010/

I can see this sight better than the factory sight with the white line. It hits drive the dot with 147 HST and my hand loads. 115 grain hits low, but I usually only shoot 147. Tula steel case sticks and I had to push the ejector rod against something to eject. Everything else has run 100%.

I ordered a pocket AHolster.

I'm liking this revolver.
    Name:  IMG_6889.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  28.6 KB

I wanted to see what POI is at different distances. I used drive the dot sight picture. The right target is 5 shots each at 5, 7 and 10 yards. The left target is 5 shots each at 15, 20 and 25 yards. The factory sight on my 9mm LCR was .220" tall and this HIVIZ sight is .245" tall. I was shooting my 147 grain handloads which average 878 fps in this revolver. On a warmer day I will try some 147 Fed HST to see if it stays more centered. It's overcast, damp and 40* today.

Add Cecil to that list as well.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Daryl, Chuck Haggard, and Jetfire all seem to agree that the sweetness is the .327 loaded with .32 H&R mags.
    I am interested in the why part. The .357, .327 and 9mm models appear to be on the larger .357 frame LCR which bring pros and cons for pocket carry.

I am interested in the why part. The .357, .327 and 9mm models appear to be on the larger .357 frame LCR which bring pros and cons for pocket carry.
    I’d like to hear that as well. I was interested in the 327 until I saw the weight. 1 extra round isn’t worth the weight penalty vs my 340 pd with wadcutters to me.

Less recoil versus an LCR in 38 or 9mm. Extra round is a bonus.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    Less recoil versus an LCR in 38 or 9mm. Extra round is a bonus.
    Doesn’t that depend upon the round — I have heard the .327 magnum loads are on the order of shooting .44 magnum out of a Scandium 329!

User Tag List