Page 93 of 101 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    Considering giving an Aholster a try. they only have an LCR 38 listed, will a 9mm work properly in a 38 holster ? The 9 seems fine, just a tiny bit more snug in my JM 38 holster and a molded leather pocket holster than the 38 which is no problem with an AIWB but, would prevent a proper draw from a Kydex pocket holster. I'd expect a .357 and 9mm would have the same footprint due the heavier frame. Some comparison measurements between the 38 and 9mm don't really show any difference that I can put a finger on but, I can't measure every aspect either, the 9 just seems to be a hair larger.
    My Aholster was effective but painful. I sold it on. I believe @willie has it now, as he was looking for a left hand option.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post
    Wondering if they would do this in 9mm-

https://www.novaksinc.com/lcr-revolver.html

Didn't seem priced all that bad to me and I liked how they just provide the gun so you aren't mailing stuff around. I have a 340PD that I rarely use and actually a fair amount of 38 ammo around though...
    I see serious issues with those shooting POA/POI. The mill in that rear sight and only have 1 height front sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    How does the 9mm, .38, and .327 recoil compare to one another?
    So very subjective.

I only shoot .32 S&W Long and .32 H&R mags in my .327. I've never even fired a .327 mag in any gun.
    But .32 S&W Long and .32 H&R mags are downright pleasant, gentle even imho.
    I just received for .32 H&R mag loads form @Lost River and plan to shoot and chrono them in my LCR tomorrow.
    This will probably be my carry load and I am thankful he is loading them. They look Great!

I handload.
    So in my .38 LCR I shoot 158 gr LSWC at 750 fps and 148 gr WC at 650 fps. My "Safestop" 148 gr WC run at 811 fps in the LCR.

The 148 gr WCs are easy, all day shooting. The 158 gr I'm good to 100 rounds and then the base of my thumb aches.
    The "Safestop" are peppy, subjectively similar to the 158 gr old FBI load (to me). 50 rounds of the "Safestop" velocity WCs in .38 and I'm done.

The 9mm.
    I load a 147 gr coated flat point and run them at 870 fps in my LCR.
    They "feel" a bit sharper than the .38 at 750 but markedly less sharp than the old +P FBI .38 load. I'm good for a hundred rounds per session with no pain but I attribute that to having the longer than Bantam grips on the 9mm. They aren't any harder to hold onto with my little finger curled under the bantams, but they do twist the LCR in my hands a bit with those.
    The problem, if you could even call it that, is more with my aging grip than the loads.

This is probably so subjective that's it's not helpful to you at all.

I wish I could invite you over to shoot them all Paul. If you find yourself in East TN you are welcome to do so.

@RJ How was the holster painful to you? My apologies but I don't understand. TIA

ETA additional comment.

Site Supporter
    I've had mixed results with Kydex pocket holsters in the past, I've been Using a Desantis, Mika and a TT Gunleather pocket holsters but, I've read so much good on the Aholster and the design looks thought out, thought I'd give it a try. Given the times we're in, it seems I've got a snub in my pocket in addition to my AIWB more and more, as they say...options are good.
    As mentioned prior, perceived recoil is entirely subjective, I was somewhat apprehensive on picking up the 9mm due to some of what I'd read on recoil bu, there seemed to be almost as many counter opinions, I'm running Bantam grips on both guns, to me it's perhaps like a full power 38 but a little snappier and seems more so with 124's than 147's. I've only had the 9 for a week and due to weather and time restrictions haven't had time to run more than 60 or so rd's at a time and I don't believe I'd have ill effects with 100 or so, but that would probably be enough. One of the best things so far with the 9mm is, it seems almost everything I've shot through it shoot's within a couple of inches to poa at 7-10yds, S&B 124's hit about 1.5" lt and low but will shoot 1 hole, 124hst's, 147 Lawman and 147 HST's pretty much poa and I always have plenty of 9mm on the shelf. I can't speak to the 327

Site Supporter
    [QUOTE=Jamie;1541509]So very subjective.

I only shoot .32 S&W Long and .32 H&R mags in my .327. I've never even fired a .327 mag in any gun.
    But .32 S&W Long and .32 H&R mags are downright pleasant, gentle even imho.
    I just received for .32 H&R mag loads form @Lost River and plan to shoot and chrono them in my LCR tomorrow.
    This will probably be my carry load and I am thankful he is loading them. They look Great!

..../QUOTE]

I've shot quite a bit of Federal 327 in my SW 632, 3 inch barrel, SS, hammered and with a compensator. It does have quite a kick and took me by surprise, esp. as I had a less that solid grip and it slammed back a bit. With a firm grip, not a problem but it is a loud, blasting round. I have mentioned before that when I had loaded some in outlaw match to take down steel poppers (as my 32 Longs wouldn't), the SO and audience thought the gun blew up. I have some

HEAVY 327 FEDERAL OUTDOORSMAN
    130 gr. Hard Cast Keith @ 1,300 fps

in the gun now for walks in the woods - it should handle hairy local bigger critters. This might be fantasy. However, you need to hold on steady to this load.

The 32 SW Longs are sweet hearts to shoot and my choice for club matches where you can shoot any old thing.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    I've had mixed results with Kydex pocket holsters in the past, I've been Using a Desantis, Mika and a TT Gunleather pocket holsters
    I used Mika for at least 10 years before trying the A Holsters. I have a Desantis I used when PJ carrying (with formerly a clip, now Harme Forge grip) but generally my pocket carry is as a second gun. Usually, like right now, I have a Glock AIWB and LCR in a pocket.

The AHolsters seem to bulge less for me, in my clothing choices, than the Mika. But I never plan to be without the Mika option.

@Glenn E. Meyer,
    It's reading about your Match experiences using the .327 Mag Flash Bang load that made me say to myself "Naw, I don't even need to try this!" LOL

My LCR22 lives in an A-Holster (with a some judicious emery cloth on overly sharp edges). I vastly prefer it to the Mika as I have had issues with the Mika coming out still on the gun. I've yet to have this happen with the A-Holster.

Last night, thinking about the Lost River .32mag rounds I need to order, I went to the safe & swapped the bantam gripped LCR22/A-Holster for my Hamre Forge gripped LCR32/Mika. In jeans, the weight difference wasn't as pronounced as I remembered in slacks. But before I retired to the couch with my son, I casually acquired my grip, drew the .32 and, of course, the Mika as one unit.

.32/Mika back in the safe, .22/A-Holster back in my pocket. YMMV.

@D-der, apologies for missing this; had I seen your post earlier I would have sent you my Aholster LCR stuff. Could never warm up to them over my Mika.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    the .327 Mag Flash Bang load that made me say to myself "Naw, I don't even need to try this!" LOL
    .32 Mags are the very happy spot for the LCR327, my sample shoots a variety of .32 mags pretty well to the sights out to about 30yds.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    @D-der, apologies for missing this; had I seen your post earlier I would have sent you my Aholster LCR stuff. Could never warm up to them over my Mika.

.32 Mags are the very happy spot for the LCR327, my sample shoots a variety of .32 mags pretty well to the sights out to about 30yds.
    Thanks, Very much appreciate it!
    I like / use the Mika, not as much as the Desantis, due to clothing, I generally wear Carhart relaxed fit jean's and the Desantis is less bulkie, I'm hoping the Aholster is slimmer / better yet for the application.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Yes Sir. Mine do.
    I just tried my .22, .38 spl, 9mm, and .327. They fit and draw easily.
    I have both right and left hand AHolsters. They're my favorite pocket holsters but I file the sharp hook down because, imho, it's much sharper than needed.

Attachment 113651
    My .22 fits nicely in A-Holster's .38 design, my .32, not so much as the cylinder flutes just don't line up.

Name:  AH2.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  20.0 KB

Name:  AH3.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  20.7 KB

User Tag List