Page 80 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

My IG post about the Rogers Grips with pics.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    I did not know what those tabs were for.

Thanks for that detail!
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

I jumped on the LCR .22 bandwagon and bought a used one off Gunbroker. Not sure what I'm ultimate going to use it for, but if nothing else, this gun plus Claude Werner's online snubby course seemed like a nice inexpensive intro to the snub-nosed lifestyle.

I've really, really come to love my .22 LCR, just handles, points & carries so superbly...even better than my .32 Long (ok, a .327, but it's stoked with the Buffalo Bore .32's that Daryl Bolke likes so much.) I go to the range yesterday and in the first 5 rounds, the trigger stops returning forward on it's own. WTF? It's either got a helluva miscellaneous piece of debris in the trigger mechanism or a broken spring.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I learned this at the range, but gotdammit, I carried that thing the day before loaded with Federal Punch as my defensive weapon while I spent the day with my 5yr old son at various events. Ruger says you can dry fire their .22LR revolvers at will, so I do so at least twice a week, never even had a glitch. Now it locks up in dry fire, too. And I've got less than 2k rounds through it!

Fekkin bent.

Gun mutt, that is a bummer. Let us know what Ruger finds !

I have a .22 lcr on layaway right now..

Site Supporter
    My .22 LCR was a good performer, one that I regret trading for something else. LCR anything is good.

Site Supporter
    Gun Mutt, did you do the hammer/hammer pivot pin lubrication? I am pretty neglectful (usually) of these kind of maintenance chores- but I'll mend my ways if this is what the consequence is...

I'm finding I don't get the accuracy I expect from the 22 LCR. My 327 one is a laser beam. The 22 one gives me some not insignificant vertical stringing. I figured it was me and really tried to hone in on my technique but now I'm fairly convinced it's the gun or ammo combination. I'm also wondering if the short barrel is having a hard time stabilizing the rounds? Anybody else having trouble?

Maybe I expect too much from these little guns but I can hit a 4" circle at 25 yards with my 327 LCR with magnum rounds. It's an amazing little gun. The 22 LCR is more like a 4" gun at 10 yards. I find it a bit frustrating to shoot.

Wilson, what kind of .22 ammo is giving you 4" groups at 10 yards?

Quote Originally Posted by ekrauos View Post
    Wilson, what kind of .22 ammo is giving you 4" groups at 10 yards?

I've tried a few. Norma Tac and Aguila 38 grn.

User Tag List