Page 96 of 101 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    I really need a second Enigma for my LCR.
    I have 3 Enigma's set up. I don't use them for daily carry, but I have them for specific uses. Mostly for a snub around the house in sweats or shorts. I also use one for when my shirt is tucked in in NPEish environments. It will never replace my main belt and holster, bit for my intended purpose nothing else comes close.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I have 3 Enigma's set up. I don't use them for daily carry, but I have them for specific uses. Mostly for a snub around the house in sweats or shorts. I also use one for when my shirt is tucked in in NPEish environments. It will never replace my main belt and holster, bit for my intended purpose nothing else comes close.
    I'm turning into the opposite - I'm using my Enigma set up for my 1911 for regular daily use, and attaching a gun to my belt is for specific occasions (usually days when I will have to take the gun off and put it back on because of what I'm doing). I've found it's both more comfortable and more concealed. Like you though, I need one for the LCR in part to see if I finally have a real tucked shirt option, and because I think it'll be perfect for when I don't want to feel like I'm carrying a gun.

Site Supporter
    Well, the Hiviz sight for my LCR 9 and my A Holster both showed up over the last week, the A Holster carries as well as I hoped, surprisingly well considering the Kydex pocket holsters I've tried prior were like having a brick in your pocket. I smoothed out the points a little and had the 38 in my pocket 14-15 hrs Thursday and it carry's very well. I got to run a quick 45 rd's through the 9mm with the Hiviz yesterday morning, I was half expecting I'd be putting the ruger sight back on because the Hiviz is taller but, it shoot's 147 Lawman to drive the dot at 7-8 yds and 124 S&B a little low but it's easily compensated for, I need to run HST's again to confirm POI. From the A Holster, at 7yd's, hand in pocket I was running 1.54-1.56 1st shot to the head box with 147's which is about as good as I'm gonna do from blue jean pockets. I did shoot a couple of cylinders at 20yd's, I was on a 10" plate but certainly need to spend more time at distance to figure the right sight picture, it was 18 degrees, I was kinda cold and done. I've got to get back to TK Custom for more moon clips though...

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I also use these for very niche circumstances.

The Enigma is by far the best way I've found to carry while running long distances or fast intervals. It keeps the weight stable, centered, and low on my pelvis, which seems to have absolute minimal impact on my fluidity and range of motion compared to anything else I've tried. For me, it's way more stable and faster to access than the HPG kit bag.

The express model with sport belt brings it to the next level. I regularly run half marathon or longer distance trail runs with this setup. I was able to step up from an LCR in an original Enigma, to a P365 in the Enigma Express, without any noticeable downside from the slightly increased weight. The elastic sport belt allows just a bit of flex for unrestricted deep diaphragmatic breathing without losing position.

It's like magic.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    I also use these for very niche circumstances.

The Enigma is by far the best way I've found to carry while running long distances or fast intervals. It keeps the weight stable, centered, and low on my pelvis, which seems to have absolute minimal impact on my fluidity and range of motion compared to anything else I've tried. For me, it's way more stable and faster to access than the HPG kit bag.

The express model with sport belt brings it to the next level. I regularly run half marathon or longer distance trail runs with this setup. I was able to step up from an LCR in an original Enigma, to a P365 in the Enigma Express, without any noticeable downside from the slightly increased weight. The elastic sport belt allows just a bit of flex for unrestricted deep diaphragmatic breathing without losing position.

It's like magic.
    If I was still a distance runner, you would have just sold me on it.

Speaking of running. I'm thinking I might want to grab a lcr for running. Right now I carry a g19 in a hpg fanny pack.

I mostly trail run and I'm actually tempted to grab the 22 or 22mag. How accurate are they typically? Would they also make good trainers for a 5yo? I'm thinking the 3" ones might work out pretty well.
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

I had the 3" 22 WMR version for a while, accuracy was good with gold dots, but the trigger was HEAVY, could not even measure the DA pull on either of my spring scales because it was literally off the scale, >12 lbs. I was reluctant to go down the trigger tuning road with a rimfire revolver, because in the past I just ended up at some point with light strikes. I think that trigger would make it an awful choice for a 5 year old. I sent it down the road.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    I had the 3" 22 WMR version for a while, accuracy was good with gold dots, but the trigger was HEAVY, could not even measure the DA pull on either of my spring scales because it was literally off the scale, >10 lbs. I was reluctant to go down the trigger tuning road with a rimfire revolver, because in the past I just ended up at some point with light strikes. I think that trigger would make it an awful choice for a 5 year old. I sent it down the road.
    Hmm, good point. I've only ever shot the 2" .38 one.
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Hmm, good point. I've only ever shot the 2" .38 one.
    Fingered a 22 lcr the other day thinking of buying ...trigger was horrible. (I think a stock 340/642 is just fine)

Site Supporter
    My 3" is accurate, adjustable sights are a good thing but as mentioned, the trigger is off the scale stiff, not at all like my 38.

User Tag List