Page 1 of 74 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 733

Thread: Ruger LCR?

  1. #1

    Ruger LCR?

    If you were to buy a Ruger LCR for primary conceal carry,and also shoot every month to stay very proficient which one would you buy,and why?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by lawnguy View Post
    If you were to buy a Ruger LCR for primary conceal carry,and also shoot every month to stay very proficient which one would you buy,and why?
    After my conversation with Bill Rogers, I would say without question the 9mm LCR. He told me that the .22 and 9mm LCR revolvers shoot POA/POI at 25 yards, where the .38 models (the school has 12) shoot high and left. Further, he said he can reload the 9mm LCR closer in speed to a semi-auto than a revolver. He has designed proper stocks (grips to some people) for them as well as very trim moon clip holders. It is his current BUG.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

  3. #3
    Site Supporter Bigghoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Anna Kendrick's fantasies
    I'd go with the 9mm also. Least expensive effective caliber.

  4. #4
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Interesting. The LCR is probably my favorite snub just on account of the trigger, which I like more than the standard 442/642

    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    How many people are "very proficient" with an LCR in the world?

  6. #6
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Southwest Pennsylvania
    Why the LCR as opposed to a subcompact 9mm semiauto?

  7. #7
    Is there a link to or a picture floating around of Bill Rogers stocks for the LCR?

    To the original poster -this is not my recommendation for a daily carry LCR but what I would like is a 327 Federal magnum to play around with. I'd like to try some different loads in 32 S&W Long and 32 H&R Magnum on my reloading press. I like the 6 shots in that LCR frame.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    How many people are "very proficient" with an LCR in the world?
    I know Bill Rogers is. I asked him about video shooting it on the Rogers Range, and he said he would take some. If I carried one, I would be, and I sure hope anyone on PF with one, would be.

    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Why the LCR as opposed to a subcompact 9mm semiauto?
    Runs it in his support side front pocket.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eastex View Post
    Is there a link to or a picture floating around of Bill Rogers stocks for the LCR?

    To the original poster -this is not my recommendation for a daily carry LCR but what I would like is a 327 Federal magnum to play around with. I'd like to try some different loads in 32 S&W Long and 32 H&R Magnum on my reloading press. I like the 6 shots in that LCR frame.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I am not sure, but he said he would send me a set and moon clip holders, so when I receive them I can take pictures.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I know Bill Rogers is. I asked him about video shooting it on the Rogers Range, and he said he would take some. If I carried one, I would be, and I sure hope anyone on PF with one, would be.

    What would your definition of "very proficient" with an LCR 9mm? Like drills/times? Lawnguy says he wants to become very proficient with one, but I suspect the number of people who are legitimately very proficient with an LCR 9mm probably number in the double digits.

  10. #10
    Chronic Leg Day Skipper BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Midwest
    What is your goal?

    If your goal is to be serious about self defense, take the LCP you just bought, get some training, and get a few cases of practice ammo. Same as I said in the .22 mag vs .380 thread.

    If your goal is something else, let us know.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •