Page 50 of 101 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

Moon clip holder. A holster has a pocket speedloader holder that is low cut enough on the side the moon clip would probably be exposed.
    https://aholster.com/product/the-aholster-bactrian/
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Revolver Guy posted a new article today on a nifty moon carrier, Jeffrey Custom Leather Moon Pocket - RevolverGuy.Com

Unlike Revolver Guy, I don't find that moon clips from Speed Beez or TK Customs to be that fragile. I keep 2 moons married together in my right front pocket. I only have 3 factory Ruger clips and I have only bent one of them which was easily straightened. My LCR9 has become my beat around the house gun along with a bug to my P365.

As soon as my new house purchase is completed, I'll have a little money to spend and I'm thinking I'd be better served by a centerfire LCR in .327 or 9mm that will see carry for snubbie roles, rather than an SA-35 that will just look really, really cool setting on my coffee table of an evening.

9mm would get fed from the case of 147gr HST I've already got and the moon clips would be pretty sweet admin loading and unloading.

.327 would give me a 6th round and lower recoil running .32 Longs or H&R magnums.

I've located a NIB .327 in stock, so I'm kind of leaning that way, but if someone were to offer me a sweet deal on a 9mm they never warmed up to, I'd have a hard time saying no...I'm looking at you, @Jason M.

Anyone have additional thoughts to add?
    Last edited by Gun Mutt; 11-18-2021 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    As soon as my new house purchase is completed, I'll have a little money to spend and I'm thinking it'd be better served by a centerfire LCR in .327 or 9mm that will see carry for snubbie roles, rather than an SA-35 that will just look really, really cool setting on my coffee table of an evening.

9mm would get fed from the case of 147gr HST I've already got and the moon clips would be pretty sweet admin loading and unloading.

.327 would give me a 6th round and lower recoil running .32 Longs or H&R magnums.

I've located a NIB .327 in stock, so I'm kind of leaning that way, but if someone were to offer me a sweet deal on a 9mm they never warmed up to, I'd have a hard time saying no...I'm looking at you, @Jason M.

@Dagga Boy (Darryl Bolke), @jetfire, and @Cecil Burch are all running .327 LCR's, which is pretty high praise.

ETA: I've been seriously thinking about getting one, too.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    @Dagga Boy (Darryl Bolke), @jetfire, and @Cecil Burch are all running .327 LCR's, which is pretty high praise.
    If not for P-F, a .32 wouldn't have even been on my radar.

if not for the supply chain fiasco, the 9mm wouldn't even be a consideration.
    Last edited by Gun Mutt; 11-18-2021 at 02:41 PM.

I'm not a revolver nerd, but after years of searching I finally have my answer for all my small gun needs in a .38 LCR.

If I was less focused on maximizing weight savings and could therefore handle the magnum frame guns for my uses (my .38 is currently DCC-clipped to my suit slacks and hiding under a tailored vest), I'd absolutely go with either a .327 for the extra round or a 9mm for the ammo commonality with other guns. So I'd say you're on the right track. I just don't know which of those advantages is more worthwhile. I absolutely hate complicating my gear/ammo/etc. inventory requirements so I'd probably lean 9mm, but that's me. Having a 9 may also mean you're likely practice with it more, since finding the .32s can be a pain.

For what it's worth, I remember an Ayoob review opining that with the extra weight from using steel instead of aluminum, the 9mm LCR actually had less recoil than the .38 version.

I've been wanting to pick up a .327 for a couple of years now. On the plus side, we got out of Michigan before the Covid Curtain came down via Commandant Whitmer, but we were only back in Indy for a couple of months before everything gun related went coocoo for Coco Puffs.

Whether .32 or 9mm, it'll see more dryfire than anything else as my .22 LCR is pretty much my favorite training tool of all time. When you're doing quality work with that heavy trigger, everything else is a breeze. I popped into the LGS at lunch today and got to dryfire one in 38spcl, wonderfully smooth triggers on the centerfire models. If I wasn't set on a hipster caliber, I'd have put it on layaway right then. (Prolly the only time DB & Cecil will be painted with the hipster brush.)

I couldn't stand the thought of it getting bought out from under me, NIB .327 is paid for and en route to my FFL.

PM with links sent to @Tony Mayer for to get my CFP-F holster order placed.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    When you get the info together, post back. I’m in for one just like CF’s. P-F orange not necessary, but could be cool.
    Now to find some ammo and speed strips.

I couldn't stand the thought of it getting bought out from under me, NIB .327 is paid for and en route to my FFL.

PM with links sent to @Tony Mayer for to get my CFP-F holster order placed.

Now to find some ammo and speed strips.
    https://www.ammunitiontogo.com/index...long-wadcutter

https://www.luckygunner.com/fiocchi-...0lwcfiocchi-50

Can you tell I've been stalking this?
    Last edited by Guerrero; 11-18-2021 at 04:53 PM.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    As soon as my new house purchase is completed, I'll have a little money to spend and I'm thinking I'd be better served by a centerfire LCR in .327 or 9mm that will see carry for snubbie roles, rather than an SA-35 that will just look really, really cool setting on my coffee table of an evening.

I'm sorry to report that my 9mm LCR went to the dealer some time ago. The .327 versions look really slick but... I still prefer the S&W J frames. Also, PA has a .38 special or .380 acp minimum for state qualifications for us flatfoots. The .327 would not be able to be used in the BUG role here.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

User Tag List