Page 81 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

Quote Originally Posted by WilsonCQB1911 View Post
    I've tried a few. Norma Tac and Aguila 38 grn.
    While I haven’t tried those in my LCR, I have noticed those particular loads really like rifles; when the barrel gets shorter you start to think it’s odd that Eastern Europe is selling ammo under license.

With Punch and Mini-Mags my LCR will consistently deliver 85+ on a B8 @25yds, albeit the POI/POA is adjusted for on my end.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by momano View Post
    Gun Mutt, did you do the hammer/hammer pivot pin lubrication? I am pretty neglectful (usually) of these kind of maintenance chores- but I'll mend my ways if this is what the consequence is...
    Winner, winner, chicken dinner! And to my great shame, I was clueless this was even an issue. Glocks & AK's have spoiled me into being something less than meticulous in my gun care. I gave the barely fired .22 a cursory cleaning that night, staring at it dumbly, wondering where hell the slide plate was... meh, a mystery for another time, I've got a schedule to keep.

Into the safe it goes, .32 takes over snub duty. Next day I search for a disassembly video to smarten me and fail to find one specific to the .22, but I did learn that I was going to need the correct size driver to take out the ubiquitous screw at the top of the frame, right? Right?!? I spent the week sizing every damn driver I could find in the .32 with no joy. Until Friday. Giddy, I rush in to make sure it fits the .22 and come face to face with my own ignorance...there is no spoon...there's also no fucking screw at the top of the frame on the .22, and yeah, it stung, as it should have.

One of my best friends is extremely mechanically inclined and has been inside many S&W revolvers. He invites me to bring it over Sat morning and by the time I arrive he's deduced the problem and is waiting with the proper size punch. He'd not found any .22 specific disassembly vids either, but he had, you know, looked up the owners manual and actually read it.

In less than 5min, he's got it running like a top. I dry fired a bunch that night & the next day fired 8 cylinders of range junk and 2 cylinders of Punch. The cheap ammo prints centered, but a smidge high at 15yds, the Punch is dead on, my little eyeball shooter is back in rotation.

Don't be a shovel fucker like me & gloss this apparently very important tidbit:

Name:  Hammer Pivot Pin.jpeg
Views: 1489
Size:  73.4 KB

Site Supporter
    Have a .327 and a set of lasergrips inbound from two different members. An Enigma is also inbound along with practice and carry ammo in 38 Long. Excited to start messing around with this, haven't owned an LCR in 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    Winner, winner, chicken dinner! And to my great shame, I was clueless this was even an issue. Glocks & AK's have spoiled me into being something less than meticulous in my gun care. I gave the barely fired .22 a cursory cleaning that night, staring at it dumbly, wondering where hell the slide plate was... meh, a mystery for another time, I've got a schedule to keep.

Into the safe it goes, .32 takes over snub duty. Next day I search for a disassembly video to smarten me and fail to find one specific to the .22, but I did learn that I was going to need the correct size driver to take out the ubiquitous screw at the top of the frame, right? Right?!? I spent the week sizing every damn driver I could find in the .32 with no joy. Until Friday. Giddy, I rush in to make sure it fits the .22 and come face to face with my own ignorance...there is no spoon...there's also no fucking screw at the top of the frame on the .22, and yeah, it stung, as it should have.

One of my best friends is extremely mechanically inclined and has been inside many S&W revolvers. He invites me to bring it over Sat morning and by the time I arrive he's deduced the problem and is waiting with the proper size punch. He'd not found any .22 specific disassembly vids either, but he had, you know, looked up the owners manual and actually read it.

In less than 5min, he's got it running like a top. I dry fired a bunch that night & the next day fired 8 cylinders of range junk and 2 cylinders of Punch. The cheap ammo prints centered, but a smidge high at 15yds, the Punch is dead on, my little eyeball shooter is back in rotation.

Don't be a shovel fucker like me & gloss this apparently very important tidbit:

Name:  Hammer Pivot Pin.jpeg
Views: 1489
Size:  73.4 KB
    Hehe good to know. Just picked up my 22 yesterday, shot it today. It might print a bit to the left, or it may be my weak ass hand trying to pull the heavier 22 trigger. My 10 year old 357 lcr is butter smooth, this new 22 is crunchy and heavy, I'll put a drop of oil on the hammer pin . Either way, my daughter won't shoot 38s, but she will shoot 22s

Site Supporter
    Picked up a Hogue Bantam boot grip for my LCRx. This is listed as not fitting the LCRx, but it's on my LCRx right now.

It turns the gun into a DAO because it interferes with hammer in SA. This is fine with me because I prefer a DAO revolver anyway. I checked the double action pull and could see not interferences with double action pull.

I have been carrying it in a blade tech klipt holster AIWB today. This is the first time I have AIWB, and it is carrying well in this cheap holster. Now it's time to find a proper AIWB holster for this thing.

Site Supporter
    If anyone has one of the bantam boot grips they're not using and want to sell, I'd like to try a pair.

Name:  PXL_20221024_032831448.jpg
Views: 1057
Size:  55.2 KBName:  PXL_20220805_000935590.jpg
Views: 1065
Size:  99.8 KB

I.have a bantam, it has been dremeled, and hoge handball added to it.

I have other items as well, if people would like to try them out .

Quote Originally Posted by ekrauos View Post
    Name:  PXL_20221024_032831448.jpg
Views: 1057
Size:  55.2 KBName:  PXL_20220805_000935590.jpg
Views: 1065
Size:  99.8 KB

I.have a bantam, it has been dremeled, and hoge handball added to it.

I have other items as well, if people would like to try them out .
    Interested in hearing about the boot/handball combo

The regular bantam grip slides up out of the hand when hands are sweaty, but it is nice and small, prints less at the butt of the grip. Major dremeling right under the trigger guard helps make it stay in hand by locking with the middle finger. The handball grip adds to that affect, and fills the palms. It feels good, and draws quicker from the pocket (because of plastic sides and rounded bottom of grip). It does change the natural pointing a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ekrauos View Post
    The regular bantam grip slides up out of the hand when hands are sweaty, but it is nice and small, prints less at the butt of the grip. Major dremeling right under the trigger guard helps make it stay in hand by locking with the middle finger. The handball grip adds to that affect, and fills the palms. It feels good, and draws quicker from the pocket (because of plastic sides and rounded bottom of grip). It does change the natural pointing a bit.
    I wrapped a little bit of rock tape around my bantam grips and find that it helps and it hasn’t been an issue catching on clothing.

Jason

User Tag List