Page 52 of 101 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    @Dagga Boy (Darryl Bolke), @jetfire, and @Cecil Burch are all running .327 LCR's, which is pretty high praise.

ETA: I've been seriously thinking about getting one, too.
    The last time I talked to Cecil he wasnt running 327mag as his defensive round for carry.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

PF enabling has occurred. I just ordered a 9mm LCR.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    The local Cabelas in Erie County has had a 327 LCR in the case for $609 for quite a few months. I waver on it but I have a 432 and need the bucks for other things. Sigh. My thoughts, which I said elsewhere, is that firing full bore 327 in the gun doesn't appeal to me for EDC. I do that in my SW 632 and they are rather BOOM, FLASH and some real recoil. It's fun but 32 HR works and I have that.
    Sell your 432 for $1000+ and buy the LCR. That solves both the lack of an LCR and money for other things problems. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I have a 340PD, the Taurus M380 (380ACP), LCR9…

I just ordered a Taurus UltraLite 38 special with bobbed hammer. It’s 15 ounces… but it’s a SIX shot.

Will test it out. But I like my M380 enough that I’d like to try it.

In my quest for a lightweight DAO bobbed/spurless hammer revolver, the 856 ultralight might be the route I should go. I actually pocket carry an 856 often, but the 22 oz version.

When you get it, will you compare it to the LCR size wise?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    In my quest for a lightweight DAO bobbed/spurless hammer revolver, the 856 ultralight might be the route I should go. I actually pocket carry an 856 often, but the 22 oz version.

When you get it, will you compare it to the LCR size wise?
    Yes, will do. I also plan on trying to see if the J frame Big Dot front sight modification for fixed sight revolvers (where you file down the front to a nub and epoxy it on) would work height wise for this gun.

Name:  1BA48BAA-8618-480F-9689-0D6EE84EDF79.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  38.8 KB

I also ordered the $14 Galloway spring kit for it.

Seems like Ruger is missing an opportunity — and should offer the “PF kit” of a LCR in 22, 327, 38 and 9mm all packed in a pelican case with the only options being whether you selected the JM, Darkstar or Phlster City holster
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    The last time I talked to Cecil he wasnt running 327mag as his defensive round for carry.
    The last bit of gel testing I read in a link from PF indicated better penetration from 32 H&R Mag, rather than .327 Mag. Better penetration, good expansion, and less blast and recoil is a big win in my book. I have a 2 year old LCR 9mm that I adore. A .327 LCR is likely going to be my next gun purchase. It has been a couple of years since I talked to Cecil...need to change that.

pat

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Yes, will do. I also plan on trying to see if the J frame Big Dot front sight modification for fixed sight revolvers (where you file down the front to a nub and epoxy it on) would work height wise for this gun.
    The pictures of the UL on the Taurus website look like it also has the pinned front sight.

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    The pictures of the UL on the Taurus website look like it also has the pinned front sight.
    Thanks! My M380 has an integral front sight and I didn't look at the fuzzy picture from the site I ordered the 856 from carefully and assumed it'd be the same way.

I confirmed that the UPC of the model I ordered matches the Taurus website picture with the pinned front sight and YES!

So I ordered the Ameriglo front night sight offered on the site, thanks!

This actually could be quite a decent option if it works okay.

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    The last bit of gel testing I read in a link from PF indicated better penetration from 32 H&R Mag, rather than .327 Mag. Better penetration, good expansion, and less blast and recoil is a big win in my book.
    I freely admit (and lament) that my search-fu is weak sauce. For all my attempts to find more material, I keep winding up on two videos from the same place while looking for .32 ammo info.

Second video makes a fairly convincing argument for just carrying .32 long SJLHP.

User Tag List