Page 77 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

Here is my pocket holster design

I call it " the costanza "

https://youtu.be/O96I6BQL2BM

Site Supporter
    Has anyone had the cylinder on the 22lr reamed to 22WMR? It seems ridiculous that the 22 mag is only 6 shots while the LR is 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Has anyone had the cylinder on the 22lr reamed to 22WMR? It seems ridiculous that the 22 mag is only 6 shots while the LR is 8.
    I doubt you could fit 8 22WMR case heads in that same space. S&W barely fits 7 in the 351 cylinder.

The hogue laser grips are slightly taller to than the regular hogues. Which means if your two fingers fit the regular ones perfect (and your pinky curls up at the bottom); your pinky will be about half way on the laser version, and the finger groove will be stabbing the ring finger. Solution, a modification of demonstrated concepts idea, using sugru glue. Now it is a three finger grip, but only slightly taller than a two finger. Seems to provide better stability during dry fire.
    Assume it is more painfull now as my hand is riding above the tamer area, solution to that is shoot 22. Range test this week.

Last picture is hand position before the modification.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

https://sugru.com/
    Thanks for the "Sugru" suggestion. I'd not heard of this product before.

Sugru is AWESOME!

I broke down and ordered a LCR22. Probably gonna go the Phlster Enigma Express route.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I looked VERY HARD at doing this - I believe the rim diameter of 22WMR is enough greater than the LR to make it a no-go. Those 8 holes are really close together on the LR version. However, Ruger could easily go 7 magnums and use the alloy subframe rather than the steel one. It's alittle known thing that SAAMI max pressures are identical for LR & WMR ammo. If the LCR is safe with 8 LRs in alloy, its certainly strong enough for 7 or 8 magnums.

In a 2" barrel, the WMR has negligible increase in velocity compared to .22lr. For 2" barrel Just use 22lr, punch or velocitors.
    Last edited by ekrauos; 08-10-2022 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    I broke down and ordered a LCR22. Probably gonna go the Phlster Enigma Express route.
    I’ve had one for a couple of weeks in a Phlster City Special. I love it and shoot it well enough that I’ve given some serious thought to replacing the 642 that I occasionally carry(and don’t shoot particularly well) with it.
    Last edited by joker581; 08-10-2022 at 07:53 PM.

User Tag List