Page 49 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

Well I guess I need to start setting in-stock alerts for the 9mm LCR. Outside of this forum I have seen Ed Calderon’s appreciation for the 9mm and .22 models.

My current “@jetfire special” 3” .38 LCRx has been fantastic and if I could procure more Lehigh pills would probably edge out my G19 for most daily things. Its already spent some time in the backcountry and the weight saving is really evident.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I just put 5 rounds on a strip. Full moonclips are annoying in a pocket.

If I need more than 10 rounds, I guess I’m screwed.
    Did you start carrying moon clip reload instead of strip? Or is that the load instead of the reload?

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Did you start carrying moon clip reload instead of strip? Or is that the load instead of the reload?
    It’s the load. Still breaking the holster in. Man, that thing is stiff. I don’t know if OWB will be a good option , but I wanted to try it.

Ruger LCR?

LCR 9 pocket carry day. New way of stowing the reload in the flap of a phone pocket in my shorts.

LCR 9 pocket carry day. New way of stowing the reload in the flap of a phone pocket in my shorts.

Not judging. If it works, it works. I'd be worried about snagging the outboard rounds on something and bending the clip. Looks like the flap/velcro may cover them enough so that isn't a worry. Shorter 9mm rounds probably help.

I never could bring myself to carry a moon clipped reload for my clip cut 442 ... those things are so thin, I don't trust them without some sort of carrier, and I never found one worth a crap. Might as well carry a Comp-I at that point, so that is what I do ( or a speed strip, or both). I do however, use a clip for the first 5 rounds in the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    Not judging. If it works, it works. I'd be worried about snagging the outboard rounds on something and bending the clip. Looks like the flap/velcro may cover them enough so that isn't a worry. Shorter 9mm rounds probably help.

I never could bring myself to carry a moon clipped reload for my clip cut 442 ... those things are so thin, I don't trust them without some sort of carrier, and I never found one worth a crap. Might as well carry a Comp-I at that point, so that is what I do ( or a speed strip, or both). I do however, use a clip for the first 5 rounds in the gun.
    I did this with a pill bottle:

Site Supporter
    The Ruger moon clip carriers remind me of the low profile speed loader carriers some of the richer guys used back in 92-94 when I carried a revolver. I have no problem with the idea, and it works similar to @Clusterfrak 's phone pocket setup, but on (a little above, actually), stays in place, and protects the clip.

pat

I should probably buy one clip to try but a cd-2 might work. 5rd one may be to small though

Ruger LCR?

I tried the Kusiak for casual carry. It’s comfortable, but the shape is problematic. Why is there a hammer guard for a LCR? It prints horribly.

I’m thinking about cutting it off, but don’t know if that’s a good idea. I don’t have experience with leather holsters.

User Tag List