Page 97 of 101 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

I have LCR's in 9mm. .38 spl, .327 and .22.

I keep the .22 in my grab & go range bag so it, and along with my pocketed .38 get shot every week.
    I completely agree the .22 trigger is heavy, too heavy for a child and was too heavy for my wife (RIP), but the .22 trigger is very, very smooth. The POA vs POI is low with the recommended XS sights I have on it. I tend to run 25-30 rounds on .22 through it the first thing each range session. I feel it helps with my trigger control on any other guns I'm shooting (Usually my .38 LCR and Glock).

Like I mentioned, the trigger on the .22 is HEAVY, but smooth and that little revolver is reliable to a fault. It has set off every piece of bulk and premium .22 LR I put into it.

I would love to see one with a 3-4 inch barrel and adjustable sights in the same size envelope...Red Dot capable too. Not a bigger bulked up frame. It could serve as a great "Kit Gun" in that format.

I am shooting my .327 (.32 S&WL and .32 H&R Mag) more frequently as I've allocated components and energy into loading them, but more especially since @Lost River starting producing a .32 H&R mag load I can now carry for SD. But I would really appreciate Ruger making a .32 H&R mag version with a 3 inch barrel on the lighter weight frame... RD capable would be a plus.

You wouldn't think the 4 or so ounces weight difference would be so noticeable in a pocket, but it is.

I keep sticking my .38 (Hamre Forge grips) in my waistband or A Holster...

FWIW my centerfire LCR's all set off my $49.00/1000 SA (Servicios y Aventuras) primers with 100% reliability. Thumbs up to Ruger for that!

JMHO

Concur with @Jamie, as I've said before and will doubtless repeat, My .22LCR is the single best training tool I've ever had whether dry or live fire.

On the subject of that green cold steel rubber gun, I use mine to practice movement in structures.

I mean, I’m weird like that. But point being, it’s a nice “blue gun.”
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    I tend to run 25-30 rounds on .22 through it the first thing each range session. I feel it helps with my trigger control on any other guns I'm shooting (Usually my .38 LCR and Glock).
    Great post. Just wanted to highlight the above; I hadn't actually realized how beneficial it was to take my LCR along (I have a .38) prior to shooting my other guns. I really should dry practice with it more.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Great post. Just wanted to highlight the above; I hadn't actually realized how beneficial it was to take my LCR along (I have a .38) prior to shooting my other guns. I really should dry practice with it more.
    Dryfire practice with a Revolver will provide more improvement in your shooting with ALL types of Handguns faster than anything else I know of...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    ...the trigger on the .22 is HEAVY, but smooth and that little revolver is reliable to a fault.
    Are there reduced power hammer springs for LCR .22s? I only see them for centerfire LCRs.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Are there reduced power hammer springs for LCR .22s? I only see them for centerfire LCRs.
    I'm really quoting for follow-up answers to this.
    I personally wouldn't want to risk the reliability for a lighter trigger. I don't find the weight to be a detriment, but then I'm not that good of a shot anyway LOL.

I'll keep the reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I mostly trail run and I'm actually tempted to grab the 22 or 22mag. How accurate are they typically? Would they also make good trainers for a 5yo? I'm thinking the 3" ones might work out pretty well.
    The 3” LCRX in .38 would probably be perfect for your son. Since you reload making some 90 grain powder puff loads would be a good step up from primer powered wax bullet loads as a DA wheelgun.
    Last edited by jandbj; 01-21-2024 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Why screw up a good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    The 3” LCRX in .38 would probably be perfect for your son. Since you reload making some 90 grain powder puff loads would be a good step up from primer powered wax bullet loads as a DA wheelgun.
    Both the kids already have M64s. Charlie dryfires DA with me all the time.
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

User Tag List