Page 100 of 101 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1006

Thread: Ruger LCR?

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    I have mentioned on here before that the recoil on my 9mm LCR is very unpleasant to me so I leave the gun in the safe. I decided to make some reduced loads for plinking so I could shoot the gun.

I found that the 9mm and the 38 Short Colt were very close volume wise. I loaded some ammo with a beginning Short Colt Titegroup load and Bayou 135 round nose coated bullets. This averages 660 fps and is very pleasant to shoot.

I agree. Good shooting!

If you don't mind sharing, what's the OAL of your load using the 135 gr Bayou bullets?

I like where you are going with this, especially as my arthritis rears it's ugly head.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    I agree. Good shooting!

If you don't mind sharing, what's the OAL of your load using the 135 gr Bayou bullets?

I like where you are going with this, especially as my arthritis rears it's ugly head.
    1.135"OAL. I didn't want to adjust the dies on my 1050. I have been loading the same minor 147 grain bullet load for years. I interchange Bayou 147 flat point and 145 round nose without changing anything. I loaded a few of the 135 round nose and said, that looks about right and shot a few to test. I had to measure them to tell you.

I only adjusted the powder measure.

Light loads are where it's at now.

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    1.135"OAL. I didn't want to adjust the dies on my 1050. I have been loading the same minor 147 grain bullet load for years. I interchange Bayou 147 flat point and 145 round nose without changing anything. I loaded a few of the 135 round nose and said, that looks about right and shot a few to test. I had to measure them to tell you.

I only adjusted the powder measure.

Light loads are where it's at now.
    LOL. You and I are on the same load development page!

My 550 is/was set up for 9mm 147 gr FP Hoosier HiTek bullets at 1.130". Very minor adjustments needed.
    I'll probably try a "looks about right" length with the below bullets as well.

I have a bit less than 1K of bullets we, as a group used to cast and PC (recovered indoor range lead mix), 124 gr mold that dropped at 130-132 gr. I've loaded at least 30K of them at a minor PF several years ago.
    I'm gonna work up an LCR "reduced old guy" LCR load.

Using a starting load for 38 SC and Titegroup looks good.

Thank you.

Now I gotta replace my chrono... But what the heck. I'll chrono them after I shoot some

sorry about the pic quality...
    Name:  130 gr 9mm red cast bullets.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  43.6 KB

Site Supporter
    As a belly gun guy for decades have I have owned and used all factory models. Ruger outdid themselves when they designed the LCR. I've had a very long love affair with J frames but think the LCR is better. However, I must remember to let the LCR trigger go all the way forward. With the J I developed a terrible habit--riding the trigger forward.

I'm very happy for all the j-lovers that the Lipsey UCs are a thing. (Hell, I'm happy a major mfg listened to any SMEs at all & I hope the sell a bunch of 'em.) I've often opined that the only thing the j-frame could do better than the LCR was properly mount a Clip Draw that was actually useful. I was just sure a .32 UC was in my future.

To that end, I availed myself of the plethora of j's some friends own. I've been experimenting for about a month with a 642 w/Clip Draw and a 351PD in a pocket A-Holster. So as not to poo-poo on the jubilation in the Lipsey thread, I came here to share that for me:

1) After 10+yrs of AIWB, my body emphatically rejected the carry of pistols in that manner and even a Clip Draw j-frame (642 & 351PD) will be painful in less than 2hrs.

2) My .22 LCR with Bantam boot grips w/3M tape carries and conceals much better in a pocket A-Holster than the 351PD, even with very small VZ grips.

3) While a j-frame & Clip Draw work together with an A-Holster quite nicely, the Clip Draw makes the concealment outline even worse on the j-frame and plays hole(y) hell with blue jeans pockets.

4) My monkey-thumbed hands overwhelmingly prefer the LCR over the j-frame.

5) There is no .32 UC in my future.

Ruger should make a 32 (not 327) on the aluminum LCR. It would be lighter and less expensive than the Lipseys with change-able sights

I can false reset a J frame so I think all revos should be shot with a "full reset" (The LCR's is just longer than the J)

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Ruger should make a 32 (not 327) on the aluminum LCR...
    Make it a 32 H&R Magnum for added flexibility and I'd buy two.

Site Supporter
    Anybody decide to go back to an OE front sight after trying alternative F/O, tritium or Big Dot ?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    I'm very happy for all the j-lovers that the Lipsey UCs are a thing. (Hell, I'm happy a major mfg listened to any SMEs at all & I hope the sell a bunch of 'em.) I've often opined that the only thing the j-frame could do better than the LCR was properly mount a Clip Draw that was actually useful. I was just sure a .32 UC was in my future.

To that end, I availed myself of the plethora of j's some friends own. I've been experimenting for about a month with a 642 w/Clip Draw and a 351PD in a pocket A-Holster. So as not to poo-poo on the jubilation in the Lipsey thread, I came here to share that for me:

1) After 10+yrs of AIWB, my body emphatically rejected the carry of pistols in that manner and even a Clip Draw j-frame (642 & 351PD) will be painful in less than 2hrs.

2) My .22 LCR with Bantam boot grips w/3M tape carries and conceals much better in a pocket A-Holster than the 351PD, even with very small VZ grips.

3) While a j-frame & Clip Draw work together with an A-Holster quite nicely, the Clip Draw makes the concealment outline even worse on the j-frame and plays hole(y) hell with blue jeans pockets.

4) My monkey-thumbed hands overwhelmingly prefer the LCR over the j-frame.

Why do you think the LCR carries better for you than the J?

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    Anybody decide to go back to an OE front sight after trying alternative F/O, tritium or Big Dot ?
    I kept a FO on the 3” but went back to OEM on all the littles.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post

Same, I hope it sells well and encourages some further development but I’m too much into the LCR to change. Plus, it (LCR) just works better for myself.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

User Tag List