Page 94 of 101 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

Site Supporter
    BTW - I have a 432 with 32 HR Mags as one of my pocket guns. Such a light, neat gun.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Site Supporter
    The Aholsters look nice and slim...I was impressed with my LCR 38 then picked up a LCRX .22 as a less expensive ammo trainer, decided I'd carry a snub as a bug rather than my old LCP, picked up a 642 Pro because it's a little more pocket friendly, put a Bamtam grip on the LCR and woah, makes a pocket difference, the 642 spent several months in a warranty cluster fuck, I started shooting and pocket carrying the 38 LCR which I had already shot better than the Smith, after a bunch of BS I got the 642 back in good shape but would rather carry/ shoot the LCR's so...picked up the 9mm so I wouldn't have to continuously be hunting for some kind of 148gr LWC at $30-$50 a box. So far I'm quite pleased with the 3 LCR's, the .22 went back to Ruger on warranty, for some reason it locked up tight, Ruger's customer service was outstanding and I had the gun back in 2 weeks time, door to door, just one experience but, a very good one. I just made a big circle to get back where I started, I'm not sure If I'll be keeping the J or move it along to finance another LCR.

I'm a terrible photographer @Gun Mutt, but I'll attach a pic of my 9mm in my left hand AHolster below.
    I tried it in both the left and right hand holsters and couldn't appreciate any difference in any of my LCRs.

I checked my old emails and it looks like I purchased the holsters in July 2018 (email says for S&W J frame). Possibly a manufactoring variation? IDK

Interesting.

Name:  9mm in Aholster.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  39.1 KB

@Jamie it’s been a while on the Aholster, but as I recall it had at least one unnecessarily stabby part molded in. I currently use either a Desantis Nemesis for pocket, or a Dark Star gear for AIWB (at the gym, mostly).

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    @Jamie it’s been a while on the Aholster, but as I recall it had at least one unnecessarily stabby part molded in. I currently use either a Desantis Nemesis for pocket, or a Dark Star gear for AIWB (at the gym, mostly).
    Good choices imho.

Yes Sir. My AHolsters came with a very sharp pointed area/protrusion on the front/sight end...a hook that is used to catch the pocket when drawing. I just rounded that portion off with an emery board. I never understood why they left it that sharp.
    I certainly understand your issue with it.

Thanks for the response.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    So very subjective.

...good stuff...

This is probably so subjective that's it's not helpful to you at all.
    Actually this is great info. I appreciate you taking the time to write up your thoughts, especially comparing them.

I agree with you on wadcutters and velocity. I buy wadcutters specifically so that I can practice with my LCR, and use the same load for SD. Previously I've used Federal Gold Medal Match, which seems to be unobtainium lately. I don't care much for hot ammo, as it hits my hand too hard and makes shooting very unpleasant.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Good choices imho.

Yes Sir. My AHolsters came with a very sharp pointed area/protrusion on the front/sight end...a hook that is used to catch the pocket when drawing. I just rounded that portion off with an emery board. I never understood why they left it that sharp.
    I certainly understand your issue with it.

Thanks for the response.
    Aholster has changed the design and no longer uses the sharp point. I sanded down the sharp points in the holsters I had with them. Sharp point or not, I wrap the pocket hook by the rear sight with Moleskin, so that the roll of Moleskin extends beyond the end of the hook. This goes a long way towards preserving pockets.

I have probably tried close to a dozen pocket holsters at this point, some of which are far more expensive, but have not found one with the combination of concealability and dependable access of the Aholster.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    My .22 fits nicely in A-Holster's .38 design, my .32, not so much as the cylinder flutes just don't line up.

Attachment 113656

Attachment 113655
    With the different round count in the different cylinders, I’m betting the Aholster backbone model would work equally well with all. My J frame one has been great with 5,6,7,8 round cylinders.

Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post
    Wondering if they would do this in 9mm-

https://www.novaksinc.com/lcr-revolver.html

Didn't seem priced all that bad to me and I liked how they just provide the gun so you aren't mailing stuff around. I have a 340PD that I rarely use and actually a fair amount of 38 ammo around though...
    When I called them last year they weren’t doing the cuts at all. I ended up buying the sights from them and having the work done locally. None of the Novak front sights were tall enough so I went the custom route on those too. Ended up using takeoff Ruger MKIV front sights adapted to work on the LCR’s.

See pages 83-86ish on these. ☝️
    Last edited by jandbj; 01-08-2024 at 07:11 PM.

Reviewer of the Tools
    Alternate Force has a couple of different versions of the LCR Rings Blue Guns on clearance. They are $35 right now.

https://www.alternateforce.net/ruger-lcr-with-crimson-trace-laserguard-blue-training-gun-clearance.htm

I bought one of the LCR Crimson Trace versions. Even though I don't have an LCR right now it feels more akin to the way my J Frames are setup than the current blue gun offerings for S&W.

User Tag List