Page 48 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    If you can find an LCR reload that isn’t glacial, you will be a better man than I.
    @Totem Polar
    @Clusterfrack

From IDPA type moon holder. Theoretically could be concealed inside something, carried IWB or have an outside cover.
    The dry practice highlights how fast a pocket draw can be when the grip is already established while concealed.

I think I might add this to my dry fire regimen and see if I can do it live fire.

Seems like plenty of time to get it done.

Really impressive.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Brown Santa delivered

Name:  4F083B3A-62AA-440C-87CF-7F02CA7AC07B.jpg
Views: 894
Size:  65.7 KB

I am thinking I’ll move the 8-shot 22LR cylinder to the 2” barrel frame....

I have an LCRx 3" in .38 Special. Normally I wouldn't rely on it for CCW but I absolutely rekt my right shoulder in early March and have had to improvise. Being extremely right handed has made this a challenge. Right now the only LH holster is a belly band sourced from Amazon just for this purpose (and even putting it on is a challenge with my right arm immobilized in a special sling). The LCRx 3" is easy to shoot if not particularly potent. I kind of wish I had the same gun but in .327 Federal, or maybe .22 Mag., mostly for a bit more capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    ...if not particularly potent...
    We can fix that with something in stock right now:

https://www.buffalobore.com/index.ph...t_detail&p=108

"1,143 fps (458 ft. lbs.) -- Ruger SP101, 3-inch"

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    We can fix that with something in stock right now:

https://www.buffalobore.com/index.ph...t_detail&p=108

"1,143 fps (458 ft. lbs.) -- Ruger SP101, 3-inch"
    That's actually what I carry, that and some Underwood. It's a handful to shoot out of a wheel gun so light! Realistically the low capacity is worse than the ballistics and I can't manage the DA pull as well shooting weak hand vs shooting my Beretta Nano or HK VP9. Luckily I have always trained a bit to use just my left but I never got very close to the top of the mountain. DA with my left I'm limited to maybe 20' tops.

@Phaedrus

Do you have any other small guns you could pull into duty?
    Could you do a New York reload and carry two?

Opportunity to buy a new revolver like a 7 shot 686+?

I have a Beretta Nano that I sometimes carry but I'd be leery of using the belly band. I ordered a cheap LH kydex rig ($30, didn't want to spend a ton for a holster I only need temporarily) but it wound up being so crappy as to be unusable. I bough about $3k in new guns right before I got injured because of course I did! Hate to blow any more $ at least til i'm of work comp and can work again. Lastly I'm not sure how to carry a heavier gun as it's extraordinarily difficult to cinch down a gun belt (or put on my socks, eat with a spoon, put on my pants, etc.). I've been living in seats and track pants for two months.

Mostly I have full sized HK service-type guns and really nice RH holsters.

LCR Ballistic test from a few years ago

Piggybacking on the previous discussion, here is some information from a test I did a few years ago.

For 9mm I used 135gr Federal TacBond compared to 135gr short barrel 357 magnum Gold Dot.

@Clusterfrack

Even though the P365 and LCR9 velocities were identical, the LCR9 expansion and penetration was much different.

I’m not sure if it was forcing cone contact or destabilized barrel? But regardless, it’s another reason to actually test your ammo in your gun.

Something that may work fine in a semi, might not work the same in a revolver despite same velocities.

Name:  614243C7-6F73-4A1E-B409-8E0706C765BB.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  32.9 KB

Name:  EBED0825-351E-49C5-A822-1FCFCB645071.jpg
Views: 819
Size:  35.4 KB

Name:  452B3E43-730E-447E-86C0-B3A6E0F0556B.jpg
Views: 836
Size:  46.1 KB

User Tag List