Page 62 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    Finally got to run some .32L wadcutters through my new .327 just before dusk yesterday. Stopped by a friend's place in the country where he's got several steel targets set up. The silhouettes were pretty rusty and chewed up and I stopped shooting them after I saw a couple of bullets strikes giving off sparks. I switched over to the dueling tree and won against myself quite easily. I only shot 30rds, but I'm already delighted by this snubbie.

Some of the Buffalo Bore 115gr hardcast flat nose .32L that Daryl Bolke likes so much is arriving tomorrow, JM Custom PF-CF Special and Mastermind appendix pillow pad should be en route soon, I'll add some strips, loaders & A-zooms to my cart this weekend.

I'm definitely going to put an XS standard dot on this and I'm torn between the orange and green. Some informal testing, moving room to room in differing levels of light with two different Glocks makes me think that I see orange a little easier, but I'd love an online test that would help me determine for sure which of the two colors I can see better. Anyone have a link to such a thing?
    Does JM make lcr holsters?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Does JM make lcr holsters?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post

Que bueno!

Back to the LCR, and in .22, how to carry it as a BUG. My pants don’t have a spare front pocket, and anyway they probably are not big enough pockets to hold one comfortably. Support hand AIWB? If so, Phlster City, JM or what is the sleekest with DCC clips?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Back to the LCR, and in .22, how to carry it as a BUG. My pants don’t have a spare front pocket, and anyway they probably are not big enough pockets to hold one comfortably. Support hand AIWB? If so, Phlster City, JM or what is the sleekest with DCC clips?
    The Dark Star Gear Apollo seems popular for this. I have one on order for my J frames that I plan to try left side AIWB.

once again you people have cost me money this week, I am sitting on a mountain of .22 WMR purchased back in the good old days when it was just a few pennies more than the .22LR and it includes a case of the Speer Gold dots, then I walk into an LGS yesterday, having followed this thread, and see a brand new LCRx in .22 magnum with a 3" barrel and my brain says, who knows when you will ever even see one of those again...but this thing is quite dandy, I am going to make a dent in my 22 mag stockpiles this coming year, this is a gun somebody should have made a long time ago...

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Ankle. Kinda joking and yet...

The DSG Apollo for the j-frame is truly a wonderful rig…absolutely love it. I mean no disrespect when I say that the same magic eludes me when applied to an LCR. YMMV, of course.

Compare the width of some of the previously mentioned Kydex IWB holsters for the LCR (and other snubbies). Pay special attention the left side fold that makes the front sight channel. I had one that was unnecessarily wide in this dimension, and that pulled the butt out and printed horribly. The JMCK IWB3 I showed above is narrow--although it could be even more so.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    For those of you with 9mm LCRs, how are you carrying reloads?

User Tag List