Thread: Taurus 942 rimfire owners?

Taurus 942 rimfire owners?

Anybody got one of these rimfire revolvers? A friend who is a gunsmith at a LGS tells me he bought one in .22 WMR right before the pandemic and has been very happy with it as a rimfire pocket gun. This guy is generally not a Taurus fan, especially their polymer semi-autos. He said the internals appear to be a close copy of the S&W design and they are well executed compared to past versions. They are starting to be available now, they dried up during the pandemic.

The one he told me to consider, that they have a few in stock for now. https://www.taurususa.com/revolvers/...ltra-lite-2-in
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

My recommendation is DON’T go there!!! I bought a 942 in .22LR, .22 WMR, another 3”. Rough, rough, rough. Many light strikes, gritty ejection, inconsitent trigger pull as if something was binding. Sent all three back, the fixed one, had to replace the other two as they were “out of spec” and could not be repaired. I got the new ones, traded them to my LGS as I already had that T-shirt, and was not going there again. My LCR .22 WMR is great, as is my S&W 43c! There customer service has come a long way, and is very responsive, probably from having done it so much! That’s good because you will need them! Just don’t.

Thanks. I sold off my LCR .22WMR because the trigger was so awful I did not even have a spring scale that could measure it, > 12.5#. Seems the same for the others I have handled in the store. The SW 351 may be a much better option and worth the cost differential, but I will never own another LCR rimfire.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Site Supporter
    Had a 22 LR. Cylinder seized up, adjustable sight wouldn't stay in place. Sold it - now this was a long time ago. Don't know about current production.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

To be fair, I think they all have a tendency to be problematic. I had an old LCR, that got sent back for binding cylinder and grouping to the left. They can all be finicky and tend to like a certain brad or load or two. Once dialed in they work well. I just cleaned my 43c that filfthy after about 600 rounds, and working fine, just looked horrible. I don’t recommend going that long if you carry one and depend on it.

User Tag List