Page 47 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I just realized the LCR9 front sight insert has gone missing...

Ordered a HiVis replacement. Hope it’s the correct height!

Anyone do a replacement yet? I didn’t read the 38 pages.

Mine came off too. I don't think Ruger uses paint on the LCR sights, if they do it doesn't bond well.

XS Sight Systems, Inc. - Products - .22 LR, .22 WMR, .327 Fed Mag, & 9mm

I got one in orange but haven't installed it. I'm not sure that I need to after I painted the factory. SALON PERFECT NAIL LACQUER - TRAFFIC CONE - Walmart.com - Walmart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I'll measure my LCR pull weight and post it shortly. But, I don't feel the need to fiddle with it.
    Around 9.5 lbs.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post
    I got one in orange but haven't installed it. I'm not sure that I need to after I painted the factory. SALON PERFECT NAIL LACQUER - TRAFFIC CONE - Walmart.com - Walmart.com
    Thank you for the idea!

Name:  FCA77C13-C5AB-4F28-877C-E5D2BAA92778.jpg
Views: 924
Size:  36.0 KB

I used some leftover rustoleum. Will clean it up later after it dries.

Does anyone carry extra loaded moon clips when they carry their LCR9 @Clusterfrack

Where do you carry them?

I’m thinking of seeing if I can do a revolver FAST with the LCR9 but trying to think of reload options that won’t be glacial.

Does anyone carry extra loaded moon clips when they carry their LCR9 @Clusterfrack

Where do you carry them?

I’m thinking of seeing if I can do a revolver FAST with the LCR9 but trying to think of reload options that won’t be glacial.
    Would they fit in a safariland cd-2?

Bought more LCR

Okay, have been kind of looking for 22LR versions of handguns I like.

Couldn’t find the 8 shot LCR22 snubbie in stock.

But did find a 3” LCR22LR and a 1.875” LCR22WMR both in stock.

So I bought both thinking I could probably mix and match cylinders like I can on my NAA Minis.

I have plenty of 22LR and WMR ammo around.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Would they fit in a safariland cd-2?
    They might! I tried them out in one of my IDPA style moon clip holders and they fit!

Where do you carry them?

If you can find an LCR reload that isn’t glacial, you will be a better man than I.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Where do you carry them?

I just put 5 rounds on a strip. Full moonclips are annoying in a pocket.

If I need more than 10 rounds, I guess I’m screwed.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Where do you carry them?

My LCR is my sweatpants gun or a BUG to my P365 or 1911 (for now) and I normally don't carry extra moons. If I get that far to where I'm reloading the LCR It has already been a bad day. There are times I do carry it as primary and I do carry extra ammo, 2 clips married together, loose in my pocket. I do keep extras in pill bottles stashed in a few places.

Look at the PMC here Del Fatti Leather - Belts, Ammo Carriers and Pocket Holsters

I had one of the PMCs it was nice and worked well but it was no faster or easier than 2 moons married. It does fit into speed loader pouches but it still wont be fast.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

2) I have not stripped the LCR down besides what is allowed in the manual for lubrication. But is it totally impossible to get it apart and put it back together? I know it's not going to be caveman easy like a Glock, but I was wondering whether this is a Really Bad Idea, or one of those "not too bad if you take your time" kind of things.

Inputs appreciated.
    I was cruising around YT last night and ran across this video. It looks like more than I want to bite off, but in the interests of adding information to anyone who wants to take the gun apart, here it is:

I think I'm going to leave it alone and just shoot/dry practice with it more. I like it a lot, I just wish it was a mite less trigger weight. I suppose the trade off is reliable ignition when it counts, which is probably a good thing.

User Tag List