Page 83 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

When I'm home for the night, the Glock goes into the safe & the .22 LCR gets tucked in my waistband. A couple of weeks ago, I took the Rogers grip off my .32 LCR and put them on the .22 just for the hell of it. As I'd hoped, it added a little stability to my nightly holsterless carry.

The Bantam grips from the .22 went on the .32 purely out of convenience. I'd thought the heavier .32 would be a little squirmy with the Bantams, but to my surprise the weight actually settles the little grip quite nicely in my hand. I'm gonna have to get another set for the .22 as these are staying right where they are.

Name:  .32 Bantam 1.jpg
Views: 1248
Size:  34.7 KB

My firing grip:

Name:  .32 Bantam 2.jpg
Views: 1146
Size:  32.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Dry Fire and Recoil

This is a long thread, so I apologize if I missed this. Is it okay to dry-fire the .22 LCR? And, what is the .22 LCR recoil like?

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post

I've shot a lot of pistols with red dots...I absolutely never cared about them until just now!

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    This is a long thread, so I apologize if I missed this. Is it okay to dry-fire the .22 LCR? And, what is the .22 LCR recoil like?
    My search-fu sucks, but short answer is yes. I've posted about my learning this and even calling Ruger to have a factory rep confirm it, but I don't know where that is. As for this recoil thing you speak of, it's a non-issue. Trigger pull is stout, but it's a damn fun revolver to shoot and one of the best training tools for shooting all other pistols I've ever had in my range bag...or pocket...or ankle, but it's always around.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    This is exciting!!!!!!

Blue gun heads up

Well, it is green and not blue but Cold Steel has a rubber model of an LCR available. It was just under $20 shipped direct from Cold Steel.
    Very well made.

Name:  IMG_1370.jpg
Views: 857
Size:  66.1 KB
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

I didn't even know I needed a Blue Gun LCR until you posted this @LtDave . Thank you!

I have been heavily P-F influence as regards LCR's. My .38 spl LCR was my first and it's my "always have a gun, gun" and rides either in my waistband or an A Holster strong side pocket daily.
    I've added a .22 LCR and a .327 LCR along the way. I shoot my .38 LCR at least once, generally twice, a week along with either the .22 or .327. I handload, so it's a huge plus.
    My 509'd G19 is my primary but my LCR is a constant.

My biggest concern is I don't know the "life expectancy" of a .38 LCR. I don't keep a round count record, probably should, but I know I have between 3-4K of .38's through it so far. It's tight and the BC gap is unchanged. I'm actually looking for a 2nd .38 LCR locally.

Anyone have any idea as to a .38 LCR life/round expectancy? I know, there's no crystal balls out there.

The outdoor range I belong to has steel set up for, usually, one week per month.

Below is a pic from the other day after I finished chronoing some rounds on another bay.

I'm able to run the 5 steel 5 for 5 about 90% of the time, 95% if I just slow down...but heck, you could probably time me with a sundial anyway...

The steel ranges from about 7 yards to 30 yards. Even at my age I get a big grin out of shooting steel.

ETA: I use the same grip @Gun Mutt demonstrated in his photo earlier. Love those bantam grips! Very comfortable and controllable.

Name:  LCR Steel bay.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  74.8 KB

I grabbed one of the CS green LCR's last time someone posted about them being on sale, love it! (But not brave enough to dremel the grip area to better approximate the Bantams.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    I grabbed one of the CS green LCR's last time someone posted about them being on sale, love it! (But not brave enough to dremel the grip area to better approximate the Bantams.)
    Go ahead. Do it. Then let me know if I can do mine.

I had to put some Sugru on the button on mine so I could activate the laser.

User Tag List