Page 22 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

.38 WC is is your chance to go full gun nerd and...

Reload Ammo!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Looking for a lower price option for practice for .38 WC ammo
    As soon as you move away from 9mm the real savings kick in. You can probably reload Qty50 for $6-$7.
    Last edited by mmc45414; 08-11-2018 at 08:02 AM.

$.23 a round for the PD stuff sounds pretty good.

Reloading is cheaper per round but you would have to shoot a lot of 38 to break even on setting everything up.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Reloading is cheaper per round but you would have to shoot a lot of 38 to break even on setting everything up.
    Oh yeah, just a reason/excuse to step onto the slippery slope. For folks that started off just shooting 9mm in the current era it is probably puzzling why anybody would have started reloading ammo. As it turns out, IMO it is also fun. But that is a topic for another sub-forum
    Last edited by mmc45414; 08-11-2018 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    $.23 a round for the PD stuff sounds pretty good.

I’ve bought a few cases... and I’m sitting on enough brass and components to probably load around 6k on my own. Convenience definitely factors into my decision.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Looking for a lower price option for practice for .38 WC ammo - does anyone have experience with this Magtech brand at Brownells for $21.99/50?

https://www.brownells.com/ammunition...prod95160.aspx

My LGS has S&B for $28/50, and I do t seem to be finding many options at other shops around me.

Thanks!

How did you like the wadcutter out of the LCR? It totally changed my shooting experience with the 642.

Ruger LCR?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    How did you like the wadcutter out of the LCR? It totally changed my shooting experience with the 642.
    I was...kinda surprised.

You have to understand I’ve shot maybe 100 rounds of .38...ever.

Rounds 1 to 15 were from a J frame Scandium from a spare box of (IIRC) +p that was “all they had” at the rental counter. I was seriously reconsidering ever shooting a j frame again when I learned more about Wadcutters ammo here and elsewhere (e.g. Chris Baker of Lucky Gunner’s excellent article/video).

So I persevered, tried a few more J frames, dry, then the LCR, and bought the Ruger from CDNN.

I got a box of S&B 158, and put 5 rounds in the black at 5 yards. I recall thinking, you know, this isn’t bad. Shooting it at the range on drills is pretty easy, at least it seems. I’ve shot FYL with it, and had a decent score, almost 10/10 @ 3 yd if I had paid attention.

And having some fairly knowledgeable folks tell me WC ammo is a decent SD choice is just cool as heck. So my practice round *is* my SD round; and I know it shoots POI=POA.

Bottom line, I’m really happy with it.
    Last edited by RJ; 08-11-2018 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    How many people are "very proficient" with an LCR in the world?
    What's your definition of very proficient?
    US Navy Veteran
    1961-1965

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Precision delta reloads.. $230/k delivered

http://www.precisiondelta.com/produc...ed-ammunition/
    Between my dad and I, we have gone through about 5k rounds of this ammo. No issues.

Hammertime
    I bought a brace of LCRs from a forum member and hope to pick them up this week.

.22 and 9mm because I have a lot of that ammo and the price on the used guns was right.

Am I in for some pain shooting 9mm in this platform? My only revolver experience is .38 (pleasant) and .357 (much less so) through a 3” GP100.

Anything I need to look out for?

Ruger LCR?

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    I bought a brace of LCRs from a forum member and hope to pick them up this week.

.22 and 9mm because I have a lot of that ammo and the price on the used guns was right.

Am I in for some pain shooting 9mm in this platform? My only revolver experience is .38 (pleasant) and .357 (much less so) through a 3” GP100.

Anything I need to look out for?
    No personal experience, but check out the recent Military Arms Channel YouTube videos on this very subject

https://youtu.be/1YTOV4dYLQE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 4gallonbucket; 08-13-2018 at 08:29 AM.

User Tag List