Page 17 of 101 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    Thanks for the mentions! There was a brief period where we were made aware that CT grips did not fit. We had several iterations of our LCR right off the bad and had a few slip by as our tester gun doesn't have the laser. This has been rectified now but if anyone needs a shell swap let us know.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Welcome. Now please get this LCR business wrapped up so you can get back to some more "Talk me out of" threads.
    You know, like "talk me out of this mega-yacht, talk me out of this helicopter, talk me out of the Ferrari"
    Wait till I ‘really’ retire in a few years when I start the ‘Talk me out of this Sailboat’ thread.

Well that was pretty easy.

I must say, this buying a gun online thing was pretty painless. I am astonished that the process was so simple.

I contacted an FFL (0.6 miles from my house, no less) and confirmed FFL and transfer fees.

I registered for an account on CDNN, put the order in, and paid with a credit card. I got a tracking number and the item was shipped via Fedex the next day.

When my item arrived, I made an appointment to fill out the 4473 and presented my DL and CWFL. After waiting for NICS for about 10 minutes, I paid my transfer fee and walked out with my item.

Wow.

This is...scary.
    Last edited by RJ; 07-19-2018 at 10:20 AM.

So just a few dry practice pulls with the LCR. I ended up ordering the Model 5450. I somehow had thought I ordered one with a FO front, but the item arrived with a painted white ramp front. Ok I guess. I may look into painting it Orange.

The gun feels nice in the hand, trigger seems smooth, to the click. From memory lighter than the J frames I've pressed. Front sight seems well centered in the black rear notch.

I was concerned a bit about the weight of the 357 (this is my first snubbie) but putting it in my front pocket seemed fine. I know lighter is better but the 357 seems to be kind of in the middle between the lighter Airweight J frames and the heavier stainless models (or somehow that is my impression, I may have that wrong as I'm not a snubbie expert by any stretch of the imagination. To borrow a phrase, my level of revolver expertise is worrying about where to insert the clip.)

I have a few items in the shopping cart to consider (e.g. pack of 10 Speed Beez Full Moon Clips) and my .38 S&B 148 gr wadcutters arrived last week. (which I plan to both train with and carry as my SD round.)
    Last edited by RJ; 07-19-2018 at 10:31 AM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    You need to clarify that your fear is for your financial future and retirement plans, rather than public safety. Some gun banner might read this, you know.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I must say, this buying a gun online thing was pretty painless. I am astonished that the process was so simple.

I contacted an FFL (0.6 miles from my house, no less) and confirmed FFL and transfer fees.

I registered for an account on CDNN, put the order in, and paid with a credit card. I got a tracking number and the item was shipped via Fedex the next day.

When my item arrived, I made an appointment to fill out the 4473 and presented my DL and CWFL. After waiting for NICS for about 10 minutes, I paid my transfer fee and walked out with my item.

Wow.

This is...scary.

Oh man, you are in for a world of possibilities now!

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    You need to clarify that your fear is for your financial future and retirement plans, rather than public safety. Some gun banner might read this, you know.
    Yes, my fear is for my financial future and retirement plans.

Plus, I might have to get a bigger safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Oh man, you are in for a world of possibilities now!
    Yep, I am so glad my wife is out of town.

Just to clarify the LCR 357 5450 comes with a pinned white ramp front sight.

I misremembered, the .38 +p model is the one with the FO on the CDNN site.

My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I was concerned a bit about the weight of the 357 (this is my first snubbie) but putting it in my front pocket seemed fine. I know lighter is better but the 357 seems to be kind of in the middle between the lighter Airweight J frames and the heavier stainless models (or somehow that is my impression, I may have that wrong as I'm not a snubbie expert by any stretch of the imagination. To borrow a phrase, my level of revolver expertise is worrying about where to insert the clip.)

I have a few items in the shopping cart to consider (e.g. pack of 10 Speed Beez Full Moon Clips) and my .38 S&B 148 gr wadcutters arrived last week. (which I plan to both train with and carry as my SD round.)
    Two things, Rich.

1) If you plan to pocket carry, the grips it comes with my be a little tacky (great for shooting, not so great for concealing). Ruger offers bantam/boot grips, which might be the ticket:
    http://shopruger.com/Hogue-LCR-Banta...uctinfo/19927/

2) I might be mistaken, but I don't believe that the .357 LCR's cylinder is cut for moon clips. (except for the 9mm version9)
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List