Page 71 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

Did anyone ask for a quote from Novaks for that rear sight mod?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I ordered a set last week, but they must be coming by way of Ukraine.
    PM inbound
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Hogue Bantam are the smallest I’ve found.

Just for general information, these grips are $10 cheaper from Ruger than direct from Hogue.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Hogue Bantam are the smallest I’ve found.

I got a set of these from Ruger for my 9mm LCR. They hurt. They snapped my little finger. I almost didn't fire the whole first cylinder. I immediately put the original grips back on.

Quote Originally Posted by P226SAOFan View Post
    Did anyone ask for a quote from Novaks for that rear sight mod?
    I emailed but never heard back. May need to try calling them. 🤷🏻*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    I got a set of these from Ruger for my 9mm LCR. They hurt. They snapped my little finger. I almost didn't fire the whole first cylinder. I immediately put the original grips back on.
    Same here with my .38 LCR with wadcutters even. I thought they sucked and put the original grips back on immediately.

And they went on extremely tight. In fact I destroyed them trying to get them off, as I recall.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    The DSG Apollo for the j-frame is truly a wonderful rig…absolutely love it. I mean no disrespect when I say that the same magic eludes me when applied to an LCR. YMMV, of course.
    I noticed the same thing and ended up selling my LCR DSG Apollo. I still have the j-frame version, which as you said, is wonderful.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Same here with my .38 LCR with wadcutters even. I thought they sucked and put the original grips back on immediately.

And they went on extremely tight. In fact I destroyed them trying to get them off, as I recall.
    Very interesting. The finger grooves of the Hogue grips that come on the LCR dig into my hands, but the Bantam Hogue grips position my trigger finger better and are comfortable on the LCR .327 shooting Buffalo Bore.
    Last edited by GJM; 03-26-2022 at 10:36 AM. Reason: dig not Sig!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Very interesting. The finger grooves of the Hogue grips that come on the LCR Sig into my hands, but the Bantam Hogue grips position my trigger finger better and are comfortable on the LCR .327 shooting Buffalo Bore.
    Interesting indeed. Mine are scheduled to arrive today. If they don't work out, I may do some shaping of the originals.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Ruger LCR?

The only finger grooves that fit my hand are on the Glock 19. Grooved revolver grips fit especially badly for me, and I prefer to have my fingers together tightly.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List