Page 46 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    @Tony Mayer, do you still have CF's specs on how he ordered his holster? I'm really thinking I need one just like it.
    Gun Mutt, pm me his name and I can look it up.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    PM inbound.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

And just like that, the PF-CF model was born!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    When you get the info together, post back. I’m in for one just like CF’s. P-F orange not necessary, but could be cool.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I can't recall if this question was addressed up thread, and I apologize if so: I wanted to ask regarding the action (specifically, the pull weight) of the LCR. Mine in particular. When I bought it, I really liked the trigger action, as compared to a number of the (new) j-frames I was comparing it to (bear in mind I am not/nor will probably be a revolver guy).

My LCR is smooth, but with respect to the weight of the trigger, I have always felt it was pretty heavy. My gun now has 485 rounds of Federal GMM or S&B 148 gr wadcutter since I bought it in July 2019. I have a rudimentary spring-type pull gauge, and it only goes to 8 lb f or so, and fully extends when I try to measure the pull weight of my LCR.

While I realize I should just "shoot it more", I have a couple questions on the action:

1) With regard to the trigger pull weight, is it possible to lighten it slightly by burnishing or polishing any internal surfaces?

2) I have not stripped the LCR down besides what is allowed in the manual for lubrication. But is it totally impossible to get it apart and put it back together? I know it's not going to be caveman easy like a Glock, but I was wondering whether this is a Really Bad Idea, or one of those "not too bad if you take your time" kind of things.

Inputs appreciated.

@RJ

My LCR9
    Name:  D48C052F-0958-417E-9946-C4596B5BEBD5.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  94.7 KB

Similar to my MP340 with Apex kit
    Name:  CBF678CE-2200-4FB1-BA1A-B3EDCBA48ED6.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  92.6 KB

But better than the unmodified J-frame weight which is over 12 pounds
    Name:  EF360684-BADD-4F63-8EC2-81AABD14D0A4.jpg
Views: 659
Size:  86.4 KB

That’s as high as the scale goes.

Ballistically and shootabilty wise the LCR9 is amazing. @Clusterfrack has good judgement!

It makes velocities higher than a P365 and is still rapidly shootable.

It punches way above its weight and does as well as 357 magnum out of a J frame but waaaaaay more shootable.

Ruger LCR?

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Ballistically and shootabilty wise the LCR9 is amazing. @Clusterfrack has good judgement!
    I agree with the first statement. The 2nd is highly debatable.

I'll measure my LCR pull weight and post it shortly. But, I don't feel the need to fiddle with it.

PS. My understanding is that all Rugers are easy to disassemble.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 04-29-2021 at 10:11 AM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I can't recall if this question was addressed up thread, and I apologize if so: I wanted to ask regarding the action (specifically, the pull weight) of the LCR. Mine in particular. When I bought it, I really liked the trigger action, as compared to a number of the (new) j-frames I was comparing it to (bear in mind I am not/nor will probably be a revolver guy).

My LCR is smooth, but with respect to the weight of the trigger, I have always felt it was pretty heavy. My gun now has 485 rounds of Federal GMM or S&B 148 gr wadcutter since I bought it in July 2019. I have a rudimentary spring-type pull gauge, and it only goes to 8 lb f or so, and fully extends when I try to measure the pull weight of my LCR.

While I realize I should just "shoot it more", I have a couple questions on the action:

1) With regard to the trigger pull weight, is it possible to lighten it slightly by burnishing or polishing any internal surfaces?

2) I have not stripped the LCR down besides what is allowed in the manual for lubrication. But is it totally impossible to get it apart and put it back together? I know it's not going to be caveman easy like a Glock, but I was wondering whether this is a Really Bad Idea, or one of those "not too bad if you take your time" kind of things.

Inputs appreciated.

My 9mm lcrx is 9.5 to 10 pounds double and a very consistent 4lbs 10oz single. I have no idea on round count but it is easily over 500 with 10 times as many dry fires. I have not done a detail strip and really haven't felt the need.

I just realized the LCR9 front sight insert has gone missing...

Ordered a HiVis replacement. Hope it’s the correct height!

Anyone do a replacement yet? I didn’t read the 38 pages.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I just realized the LCR9 front sight insert has gone missing...

Ordered a HiVis replacement. Hope it’s the correct height!

Anyone do a replacement yet? I didn’t read the 38 pages.
    If I remember correctly from Ruger's website, the Hi-Viz is only for the .38 and .357 LCR(x). On the 9mm and .22s will lower the POI.

I put a Hi-Viz on my LCRX .22 LR, but not much of a problem with an adjustable rear.

User Tag List