Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Active" Shooting In My Patrol District. (Not During My Shift.)

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    I'm curious, from an educational standpoint, as to how the wealthy are being difficult. Gated properties? Denying access?
    They do not see themselves as "criminals", so therefore nothing they do could possibly be a crime, and those uncouth men in blue with guns really have no right to even be talking to them. If I had a dollar for every time some snotty brat in the Marina District asked, "Do you know who my father is?"......My reply was usually, "You can introduce me at your Preliminary Hearing!" Others, less couth than I, may have replied, "No.....but I know your mom pretty well...."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    I'm curious, from an educational standpoint, as to how the wealthy are being difficult. Gated properties? Denying access?
    AMC and Rex covered it but as a slight side track, gated communities are an illusion. They don't keep out criminals and they encourage a sense of complacent since mast people assume someone inside the gates "belongs" there.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    At about 0629 Hours, a lone male, apparently a lawyer, perhaps experiencing some kind of melt-down, while operating a Porsche Boxter, and perhaps also while on foot, armed with multiple firearms, fired at multiple motorists on and near Law Street, a residential street, in an upscale area to the immediate north of Weslayan Plaza.
    I hope the injured pull through. The news has stalled thus far: the guy was shooting at random cars?
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    A shotgun shack is a narrow house, with a hallway that follows a straight path from front door to back door. This hallway usually runs along one side of the structure, while the rooms are along the other side, opening into this hallway. The "shotgun" part has been attributed to this uninterrupted hallway being like a shotgun barrel, and also attributed to the ability to fire a shotgun straight-through the length of the entire house.

The front room is the living room, the next one or two rooms are bedrooms, and the kitchen is in the back. Bathrooms were not necessarily an original part of the design, and are often seen as additions onto the structure, or built into one of the original rooms. The simplest shotgun shacks do not even have doorways leading to the hallway, being partially or totally open into the hallway.

Some shotgun shacks are actually better-built than many of today's McMansions, with real solid wood, and decent craftsmanship. The typical floor is beautiful hardwood, not toxic Chinese laminate over horrible OSB, as found in today's housing. With proper maintenance, they seem to last quite well. Poor folks do not always prioritize maintenance of their rented homes, of course, and landlords who typically own these properties often do not care, either. (Maintenance is so very vital along the humid Gulf Coast.)

Perhaps I will build myself a shotgun house, someday. :-)
    Plus you can just keep on addin' on rooms as you get more and more chillins. It's good to see a good old Houston boy educating our Yankee brethren.
    Last edited by Wayne Dobbs; 09-26-2016 at 05:33 PM.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

I was on a domestic where two kids trashed the place while fighting. Parents were on vacation out of country with another person checking up on the teens. Other person was a city council member. The phone rings and it was my boss for me. Guess he didn't want to have a radio recording of him trying to order me to not arrest the little darlings as was required by statute.

It's good to be rich. Unless the officer is an adam henry and told the captain that, "No, they will be going to juvy today." And, "Yes, I would explain to the city council person how to bail them out of juvy."

But how many times does the officer break the law and not arrest them? Most of the time. In fact it just happened with our sheriff department with a felony arrest who just happened to be the son of a retired and well connected commander.

Give me an OG any day. The only flack I ever got from them was, "Shut the fuck up. Send me to jail and give me my baloney sandwich." I took that to be the OG's acceptance of his Miranda rights. LOL.
    What you do right before you know you're going to be in a use of force incident, often determines the outcome of that use of force.

"Active" Shooting In My Patrol District. (Not During My Shift.)

Bad guy had a 1911 and a "semi auto Thompson carbine". Probably an A1 style ww2 reproduction. Suspect had 2,600 rounds of .45 in his car. He never went far from the car. He used a tree as cover.

Suspect was wearing "some type of military fatigues" and has some "items bearing Nazi markings" in his car. Multiple historical uniforms ranging from civil war to ww2 found in his condo.

All info is still considered rumor. But from pretty good source.

Allegedly, one of the first officers on scene with a rifle had his eotech crap out on him. Allegedly....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Gadfly; 09-26-2016 at 06:55 PM.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Bad guy had a 1911 and a "semi auto Thompson carbine". Probably an A1 style ww2 reproduction. Suspect had 2,600 rounds of .45 in his car. He never went far from the car. He used a tree as cover.

Suspect was wearing "some type of military fatigues" and has some "items bearing Nazi markings" in his car. Multiple historical uniforms ranging from civil war to ww2 found in his condo.

All info is still considered rumor. But from pretty good source.

Allegedly, one of the first officers on scene with a rifle had his eotech crap out on him. Allegedly....

I will help him and any others get into Aimpoints. I mean that.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

I was sort of asking more specifically in this instance. I get the wealthy all view themselves as HRC's in training.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Not to derail, but, in my heart of hearts, I'm convinced that there are more than a handful of US casualties resulting from optics failure in combat with the alleged "crap out" optic. I know a lot of us are stuck using what we're issued, but I'm convinced that if you have an EOTech that's older than the last 6 months or so, you're better off with irons.

Side note:

My biggest problem with eotech/aimpoint in LE is we do a lot of work from right out of the car. Dozens of times I have sat in a parking lot waiting on dope or aliens deal to go down. Boss calls on the radio "there's the bust signal go go go". I hop out with my eotech and shoulder it and boom, glass is too fogged to use . Cold AC in car + massive Houston Humidity = useless sight for 1-3 minutes.

Buy the time the take down is done. The sight is un fogged and ready to go. Never had an optic on my MP5, so never had the problem. Always have an optic on my M4, so I always have the problem (9 months of the year when it's hot and sticky)...

Same thing happens with my sunglasses, but I can ditch those.

“A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

User Tag List