Thread: Green Ops Defensive Pistol I 24 Sep 16

Green Ops Defensive Pistol I 24 Sep 16

I guess I'll start off with where I was coming into this class from experience wise. I'm retired Army, having retired more than 10 years ago, and have taken no formal paid training until this year; this was my second class in 2016.

Pre class communication and coordination was great; gave the needed information with no muss or fuss: I had no confusion on when to be where, and what to have with me.

Ours was a small class, 6 students and 2 instructors (Mike and Brett). My experience with small groups like this has been uneven. I had noting to worry about this day. Mike and Brett are excellent instructors who are confidant in their abilities and experience and possess the ability to share and educate people without their ego's getting in the way. Both of them walked the walk as well; one or both of them demonstrated each drill we performed that day; their shooting was impressive.

The lecture portion of the class was on point and free from extraneous crap.

The shooting ranged from 3 yards out to 25, with the majority being 7-10 yards. The course was a series of drills, each building on the skills taught in the previous drill. Probably not an earth shattering development here, but from what I've seen in both the firearm and non firearm world, this is not always the case. Each drill was clearly explained, given a time standard, and expertly demonstrated. Each student was given an individual time for each drill. More importantly, we all received a TON of one on one coaching and guidance. This is where the course really paid off for me. It's one thing to read something here or in print or see a video, it's another thing entirely to have someone right there to move your hands or correct your stance ect ect ect. We finished the class by taking the qualification test that (I believe) Fairfield County LEO's take.

I'd do the course again, and if I can swing the logistics, I'll be back down in November to take the Defensive Pistol II course. I'd highly recommend attending a Green Ops course if you're able to.
    Last edited by Kanati; 09-26-2016 at 08:12 AM.

Thanks for the kind words. It was our pleasure training with you and your fellow class members. We look forward to training with you again, whenever your logistics work out.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanati View Post
    I guess I'll start off with where I was coming into this class from experience wise. I'm retired Army, having retired more than 10 years ago, and have taken no formal paid training until this year; this was my second class in 2016.

Pre class communication and coordination was great; gave the needed information with no muss or fuss: I had no confusion on when to be where, and what to have with me.

Ours was a small class, 6 students and 2 instructors (Mike and Brett). My experience with small groups like this has been uneven. I had noting to worry about this day. Mike and Brett are excellent instructors who are confidant in their abilities and experience and possess the ability to share and educate people without their ego's getting in the way. Both of them walked the walk as well; one or both of them demonstrated each drill we performed that day; their shooting was impressive.

The lecture portion of the class was on point and free from extraneous crap.

The shooting ranged from 3 yards out to 25, with the majority being 7-10 yards. The course was a series of drills, each building on the skills taught in the previous drill. Probably not an earth shattering development here, but from what I've seen in both the firearm and non firearm world, this is not always the case. Each drill was clearly explained, given a time standard, and expertly demonstrated. Each student was given an individual time for each drill. More importantly, we all received a TON of one on one coaching and guidance. This is where the course really paid off for me. It's one thing to read something here or in print or see a video, it's another thing entirely to have someone right there to move your hands or correct your stance ect ect ect. We finished the class by taking the qualification test that (I believe) Fairfield County LEO's take.

I'd do the course again, and if I can swing the logistics, I'll be back down in November to take the Defensive Pistol II course. I'd highly recommend attending a Green Ops course if you're able to.
    We are humbled...Thank you for the kind review!

User Tag List