Thread: JRC iwb mag pouch

JRC iwb mag pouch

Anyone have experience with these? They look well built and I am probably gonna carry a mag pouch iwb at about my 7-8 o clock. I also really enjoy the comfort leather gives me iwb, so this seems like a good option. Thoughts?

Site Supporter
    Had one. Really well made, but not comfortable for me with a double stack Glock mag. I think it would be a good option for a SS mag, but found it to be too much bulk carried IWB.

I'm still not sure how I feel about my wing iwb pouch. It is very possible that it just doesn't excel at AIWB use. It drags if the drawing angle isn't right and can foul the draw.

That issue may not exist at a typical strong side location. If you are looking for a HK pouch and want to try mine out, let me know. It's sized for P30 mags but obv will fit a P2000.

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    I'm still not sure how I feel about my wing iwb pouch. It is very possible that it just doesn't excel at AIWB use. It drags if the drawing angle isn't right and can foul the draw.
    Can you tell if your mag catching on the stitching?

Quote Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post
    Can you tell if your mag catching on the stitching?
    I don't think so. The mag tends to bind earlier in the draw and can rotate the carrier out of the pants along the loop pivot.

It's not terribly old. It appears to happen less than when it got it. Hard to determine what is my consciousness of the angle I'm trying to pull from and break in improvement on the carrier.

It may also just wind up me being the kind of person that likes a kydex better for mag pouches.

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    I don't think so. The mag tends to bind earlier in the draw and can rotate the carrier out of the pants along the loop pivot.

It's not terribly old. It appears to happen less than when it got it. Hard to determine what is my consciousness of the angle I'm trying to pull from and break in improvement on the carrier.

It may also just wind up me being the kind of person that likes a kydex better for mag pouches.
    Sounds like the pouch isn't broken in. It can be wrapped in wax paper or a plastic bag, like a holster. Another thing about the Wing pouch is, you can adjust the carry angle. If it is binding on the draw, you can loosen the snap screw, rotate the loop and tighten it back down. This may give you a smoother draw stroke by angling the magazine in the direction your pulling in.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

Thanks Jim!

I think some of it is the push pull of the angle it is most comfy at vs the angle it draws best from.

I will wrap a mag in a bag or paper tonight and leave it for a couple days and take it back out to the range Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List