Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kel Tec PF9 - Brand New ?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lawnguy View Post
    PPS or PPS M2, which is better?
    They should be equally well made/manufactured, it's a question of which you prefer more - paddle style or standard button mag releases.

Personal preference.

Grip on the M2 is night and freaking day. I do like the German style mag release so count me as butt-hurt they went to a traditional mag release. I ran a PPS for just over a year, (JodyH still runs one on the regular I think) a good while as a primary gun, sometimes as a backup, they are solid guns with one exception. The first ten PPS has an issue with slide lock spring or slide lock I can't remember. Slide lock spring could drop behind the frame and lock up the gun. Ask me how I know. I would make sure that you get one of the newer gen PPS' or the M2 if you go that route. I have to say though the customer support is abysmal and parts are non existent unless you're willing to pay a premium. You are truly better off listening to Psalms144.1 and getting something else with good customer support.
    Last edited by Mike C; 09-26-2016 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Grip on the M2 is night and freaking day. I do like the German style mag release so count me as butt-hurt they went to a traditional mag release. I ran a PPS for just over a year, (JodyH still runs one on the regular I think) a good while as a primary gun, sometimes as a backup, they are solid guns with one exception. The first ten PPS has an issue with slide lock spring or slide lock I can't remember. Slide lock spring could drop behind the frame and lock up the gun. Ask me how I know. I would make sure that you get one of the newer gen PPS' or the M2 if you go that route. I have to say though the customer support is abysmal and parts are non existent unless you're willing to pay a premium. You are truly better off listening to Psalms144.1 and getting something else with good customer support.
    What about the S&W MP Shield 9mm?

I have a shield that I have put over 2000 round through. The gun amazes me with its accuracy each time i take it out. I find the Shield too big for pocket carry. For the time being I have retired it to focus on my Glock 19.

Kel Tec PF9 - Brand New ?

I haven't put as many rounds through one as others on this board have. In my limited experience thought they are reliable and accurate.

Personally I hate the way the triggers in the M&P's are hinged. Good gun though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mike C; 09-27-2016 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    S&W Shield ?
    Missed the Shield - how could I? I think I'd put it below the PPS and above the G43, but it would be a tight race for last between the Shield (trigger and size) and the G43 (bugs and squirminess - is that a word?)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Missed the Shield - how could I? I think I'd put it below the PPS and above the G43, but it would be a tight race for last between the Shield (trigger and size) and the G43 (bugs and squirminess - is that a word?)
    True but if budget is a factor, you can find Shields for about $100 less than a PPS or red label G43.

Talon decal grips can address the squirminess.

If the hinged trigger is an issue, Apex makes a replacement https://www.apextactical.com/blog/in...-trigger-kits/

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    True but if budget is a factor, you can find Shields for about $100 less than a PPS or red label G43.

Talon decal grips can address the squirminess.

If the hinged trigger is an issue, Apex makes a replacement https://www.apextactical.com/blog/in...-trigger-kits/
    All good points. I just never felt any "love" for the M&P family, and, if I have to start investing a bunch of money in guts, triggers, etc, where's the savings?

I do need to get some talons for my G43 and see how it runs that way...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    All good points. I just never felt any "love" for the M&P family, and, if I have to start investing a bunch of money in guts, triggers, etc, where's the savings?

I do need to get some talons for my G43 and see how it runs that way...
    More of a deferred cost.

An Apex'ed shield ends up about the same cost as a PPS. I prefer either to the G43 which is too small for me. Unfortunately, the G43 our only approved single stack 9.

The Shield in 9mm and the FS & C models in .45 seem to be the best of the breed M&P's.
    Last edited by HCM; 09-27-2016 at 04:06 PM.

User Tag List