Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Run away, run away! New LAPD technique for dealing with armed suspects...

Quote Originally Posted by Eastex View Post
    I read some of this and I wonder if I live in the same country. My biggest question is how much longer before the anarchy starts? Seems like Chicago is already well on its way

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Chicago is about as far away from anarchy as you can get. Think...totalitarianism and you're getting closer. Some neighborhoods are definitely no mans' land zones. But the vast majority of neighborhoods are so heavily patrolled by police that violent crime is extremely limited. That's the thing, Chicago is an example of what extreme government control gets you. I live in Hyde Park, right now...there is, on average, two police officers within 100 meters of my location. Seriously...But that's okay for me...because I am a half-Mexican, half-white dude that usually doesn't get hassled by the cops. If you're a black man in this neighborhood, life could be very different, stop and frisk, and "proactive" policing is strong inside the boundaries of this neighborhood. Across the street? Hardly.

And that's what Chicago really is at some level Somali on one side of the street, DPRK on the other side of the street.

And frankly that's what the politicians want. The group think here is strong and the rhetoric is equally strong. It's gotten to the point where they say, "Don't go to X, Y, or Z. But if you are in A, B, or C you can't possibly need a tool for self-defense, because a cop is 100 meters away from you at all times." And that's the whole logic that is permeating this entire area. A week ago, a young man was "mugged" outside of the university. A guy in a car pulled over, hopped out, pointed a gun at him and demanded his money and cellphone. The young man, no doubt not a Chicago native, told his armed assailant to get fucking bent. And the perp...confused by not finding an easy victim, got back in his vehicle and left the scene of his failed attempted mugging.

And the rhetoric in the email sent out by the University about this incident? "Please remember, to hand over your belongings and do not fight back. Fighting back increases the likelihood that you will be injured and further victimized." -

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
    De facto CCW for everyone! Normally law-abiding citizen is rolling dirty, due to not being able to get his CCW, gets pulled over by the police, whips out his heater and waves it around. Coppers run away and he goes about his day.
    I'm down with this, hardcore. Because it will simplify my life. Police no longer (or never did?) have a duty to protect the citizenry? Cool. That must mean it is my personal responsibility and therefore I cannot be limited be limited by the law in any way. It's gonna be awesome to carry my gun everywhere, even on an airplane. I mean...do you think if the cops aren't responding to armed bad guy calls, they are going to respond to armed guy in the airport calls?
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 09-26-2016 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Remember the guy with a samurai sword that stood there through waves of pepper spray and bean bags? They they used a fire house and a fire truck ladder to grab him. Call the fire department!
    That's what I thought when I first read this; when in trouble in LA call the FD because they may be able to hose someone down for you..

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    I recall Tarani saying something like this. Was it Dearborn, Michigan that cops just don't go into?
    You are correct, I recall that conversation.

so does this mean LA is "constitutional carry" by default since the cops are required to Run Away of confronted by an armed person?
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

User Tag List