Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 380 acp vs 22 magnum?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am referring to penetration, not velocity.
    Yeah it was like the added velocity just delivered more bullet upset which countered the penetration. The FMJ loads were most interesting. Just one clueless opinion but once I go to calibers below 9mm, a remote "icepick" is about all I can reasonably expect.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    The Ruger 10/22 Magnum was about the only .22 WMR semi-auto that was worth a crap, but it was relatively expensive to make and was a low interest item, so they stopped making them. It was a cool little gun, but just never sold that well. I still have a Marlin 25M bolt gun in .22 Magnum that I've killed a lot of things with, and on anything up to a small coyote, .22 WMR is hot death.

Out of a 22 inch long rifle barrel, mind you.
    I've been told that Ruger's decision to dump the Magnum 10/22 was due to a large number of them being unsuccessfully converted to 17 HMR, becoming profoundly damaged. Then their owner would re-install the 22 Mag barrel and sending them back to Ruger for warranty repair. That's why we can't have nice things!

delete please
    Last edited by Buckshot; 10-11-2016 at 07:28 PM.

While I love the Ruger LCR, the spring is too much for my fingers in the rimfire version to do any realistic training at all. It's one stiff spring.

Yeah, the rimfire LCR is almost as heavy as a centerfire J frame

This first question I'd ask the OP, is "why those two choices?"

I have a pretty good idea why Bill Rogers went with the .22mag for several years. Shooting as much as he does gets tough on the body.

Anyway, if a guy wants to get a low recoil, easy to shoot handgun then the G42 would be an easier system to get into than a .22mag revolver. Ammo availability alone would make that an easy choice.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

User Tag List