Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KSG Sidekick

Quote Originally Posted by CDFIII View Post
    Don't they both use the RCS wedge? Only difference I see is how they actually mount the wedge. JMCK mounts it to the front and KSG sandwiches it between the kydex. That's the only real difference I can see.
    As far as comfort and it actually tucking the grip I have no complaints. Granted I've only had it for a week but so far I am really impressed with my Sidekick.
    I think he's asking about the wedge on the underside of the holster, as opposed to the Raven "claw" lever that facilitates the grip tuck. The JMCK and the Keepers both use a soft (neoprene?) foam wedge, whereas the Raven wedge appears to be hard plastic.

Looking at this style of holster, I'm imagining an amalgamation of features between this and my JMCK for an ultra low profile AIWB holster...
    Last edited by CR78; 10-04-2016 at 10:14 AM.

Don't they both use the RCS wedge? Only difference I see is how they actually mount the wedge. JMCK mounts it to the front and KSG sandwiches it between the kydex. That's the only real difference I can see.
    As far as comfort and it actually tucking the grip I have no complaints. Granted I've only had it for a week but so far I am really impressed with my Sidekick.
    The wedge and claws are different. The JM wedge is a foam pad, the RCS is a rubber pad. Both appear to use the claw in a slightly different manner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    The wedge and claws are different. The JM wedge is a foam pad, the RCS is a rubber pad. Both appear to use the claw in a slightly different manner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My mistake.. I had a total brain fart this morning. That's what happens when I post before my appropriate caffeine intake.
    I can say that for me. The RCS wedge ( I am now on board and awake) was not comfortable after a few hours of carry. It is almost ball shaped and digs a bit. I have removed mine and added a neoprene wedge similar to the JMCK wedge. I cut it a tad wider than what came with my JM George to help spread out the contact since the sidekick is wider. Hopefully I have actually contributed now.
    Last edited by CDFIII; 10-04-2016 at 10:33 AM.

The RCS wedge ( I am now on board and awake) was not comfortable after a few hours of carry. It is almost ball shaped and digs a bit. I have removed mine and added a neoprene wedge similar to the JMCK wedge. I cut it a tad wider than what came with my JM George to help spread out the contact since the sidekick is wider. Hopefully I have actually contributed now.
    Good to know, thanks.

I had a chance to try out my neoprene wedge today during a 12 hour day at work. I think it vastly improved the comfort factor as well as might have even helped tuck the grip even more. I actually cut the foam on a band saw and it did a pretty clean job of cutting it for width.
    Name:  IMG_1250.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  58.0 KBName:  IMG_1251.jpg
Views: 761
Size:  62.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by James_f View Post
    How do you like the RCS wedge? I'm really curious to see how it comes to a JM wedge.
    I've been wearing an appendix holster with a home made memory foam insole, cut to shape, as a wedge.

The RCS wedge surely feels different from the foam, but seems to be doing the job just as well, without the bulk.

It's really too early for me to really make a judgement, but for the limited time, so far, it's great.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

My sidekick with RCS claw and wedge for P30SK beat the P30SK arriving at my FFL. Can't wait to give it a try.

Just got my sidekick in today for the p320 compact. Coming from someone who carried the eidolon since the early release right before Shot Show, my first impression has been pretty positive. I had to install a g-code incog clip because I could not get the ride height like I wanted with the RCS clip, but other than that I really like it. Time will tell how it will hold up, but so far I am impressed. The RCS claw and wedge do their jobs and make concealment very easy. Shipping was very fast too. Thanks, Gabe.

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 850
Size:  98.5 KB
    Last edited by thward89; 10-07-2016 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thward89 View Post
    Just got my sidekick in today for the p320 compact. Coming from someone who carried the eidolon since the early release right before Shot Show, my first impression has been pretty positive. I had to install a g-code incog clip because I could not get the ride height like I wanted with the RCS clip, but other than that I really like it. Time will tell how it will hold up, but so far I am impressed. The RCS claw and wedge do their jobs and make concealment very easy. Shipping was very fast too. Thanks, Gabe.

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 850
Size:  98.5 KB
    Is this staying put with the single clip and the Raven claw levering the slide away from your body (less of a friction point to keep it in place I'd assume)?

Quote Originally Posted by CR78 View Post
    Is this staying put with the single clip and the Raven claw levering the slide away from your body (less of a friction point to keep it in place I'd assume)?
    So far, yes.

User Tag List