Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Rich's RV and Shootin' Tour 2017

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    When you pass through NW GA let me know and I will take you shooting at our range if I am in town. Safe travels and I am watching with great interest!
    Absolutely. If we stop at the lake, I'll let ya know. We're not on a schedule.

They make quite a bit of whiskey in Texas now as well.

Name:  36.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  29.0 KB

Just sayin'.

Site Supporter
    No Ohio stop? Bummer - we have a decent state park that's local with camper parking ( http://parks.ohiodnr.gov/huestonwoods ). Also have a 200 yard covered range and 5 pistol bays, with IDPA/USPSA comps on 2 weekends a month. Pretty good food for a college town too.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    No Ohio stop? Bummer - we have a decent state park that's local with camper parking ( http://parks.ohiodnr.gov/huestonwoods ). Also have a 200 yard covered range and 5 pistol bays, with IDPA/USPSA comps on 2 weekends a month. Pretty good food for a college town too.
    Possibly, possibly.

We are contemplating working in a tour of the Airstream Factory in Jackson Center, OH. Now, I really don't know where that is, exactly, but when (if) we get to that point, I'll hit ya up for more local info. If we do OH, it will likely be on a return leg from West to East later in the year.
    Last edited by RJ; 02-01-2017 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Gah damn. Now that is interesting. Thanks.

Site Supporter
    Jackson centers about 2 hours away taking your time, hour 15 if you want to get somewhere in a clip. It's a fair bit north of my base too- but it's not too far away from Lima, where Robert Vogel lives and does private training.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post

Name:  36.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  29.0 KB

Just sayin'.
    Bill,
    Have you been to the Witherspoon over here in Lewisville? The make a pretty decent bourbon.
    David S.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Bill,
    Have you been to the Witherspoon over here in Lewisville? The make a pretty decent bourbon.
    Witherspoon is ok. I think the Ranger Creek
    .36 caliber is better. Smoother.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    February 2017 Update

We are well on our way transitioning out of the house this month.

Closing is scheduled for late February, we passed the inspection and are now just counting down the days. As a cash deal, we are not anticipating any issues. My wife is quickly selling all the interior furnishings and we have gotten down to just odds and ends. The house is looking bare lol.

Looking ahead, we have booked a couple weeks around closing at a local RV resort near Brandon FL on the east side of Tampa. We are pretty sure we have what we need to get on the road permanently. I ordered a few additional items for the RV and Truck (Dash Camera, Water Filters, Chocks, some minor tools and related items).

We're going through the clothes now and really skinnying down the closet. To be honest, we really haven't retained a lot of "stuff"; philosophically, my mantra last couple years is "can it fit in a shoe box". And of course since we have 18 months of off and on extended travel, we are content with what we need to carry along.

We also purchased a satellite TV system from Dish. The antenna is an auto-pointing R2D2 type from Wineguard, and the receiver is a "Wally" from Dish. So far it is working out very well. After the $500 layout for antenna, receiver, and tripod mount, we are paying about $70 a month for pay-as-you go service of 120+ channels. The "HD" picture is pretty darn clear, I am not certain Dish broadcasts their "HD" signals in full 1080p or 1080i, but I have the receiver set to output 1080 to the HDMI, so if the signal is 720, it looks pretty good to me/I can't tell the difference.

One negative: we had purchased a bigger 32" Vizio TV and installed it hoping to gain some screen real estate over the stock Samsung 27" TV in the AS.

From a human interface point of view, this TV was a disaster. You had to have a wifi-connection to another device (phone or tablet) just to scan for channels. The supplied remote was a joke. Just waiting to scan OTA TV stations took 24 minutes. We ended up taking it back to Costco for a full refund and putting the Samsung back in.

Anyway, with a bit of luck, March should see us done with the house, and on the road again. Thinking is that we'll stay in FL until things warm up a bit more, then gradually head North/West into Ga/Tn (I hear they make Bourbon in Lynchburg TN ) and then perhaps back down to I10 and across into TX for a bit. After that West to CA; up I5 to possibly see family in OR, then east-ish into/around ID/MT/CO/SD/ND. But you know, plans are fluid lol.
    Let me know if you pass through Denver. The range I belong to does have RV electric/sewage outlet hookups...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackdog View Post
    Witherspoon is ok. I think the Ranger Creek
    .36 caliber is better. Smoother.
    Looks like my kind of place. Definitely gonna check them out.

BTW. Witherspoon makes a decent whiskey and bourbon. I wasn't impressed by their rum (and vodka?).
    David S.

User Tag List