Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 LastLast

Thread: Rich's RV and Shootin' Tour 2017

When will you return to the Gunshine State? I allegedly go home the 21st.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    When will you return to the Gunshine State? I allegedly go home the 21st.
    Drang - We are scheduled to roll in to Clearwater 1 November.

I'l leave a light on for you.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Did a 320 mile run today in the warm blowing rainy remnants of Hurricane Nate to Williamston NC.

Ok, it's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here:

No, kidding, it's a nice park, 50A service, water and sewer for $35 a night is good. Plus the Wifi is good.

We may stay a day longer depending on exploring the area.

We opted to avoid Skyline Drive due to the forecasted rain; we think it was a good call as it's partly cloudy here nearer the coast.

Plus it puts us closer to the Moorehead City area as well.

Misc. odds and ends today. Refueled the truck, groceries at WalMart in town.

I got a new 15' Sewer hose yippee.

Got several interior items lubed with CRC Silicone spray. Checked oil in the truck. Greased both zerk fittings on the hitch W/D bars.

Also rewickered the electronics cabinet / routers / WiFi Amp:

Even though we have unlimited Cell Data now, the WiFi here is decent and this gets the Sat receiver online so we can (or more accurately, my wife can) watch Video on Demand from DISH. Like, you know, HGTV.

Anyway, it's all set up and laced in place.

Tomorrow morning I'm meeting up with a fellow PF member at a local range north of New Bern. It will be good to put some rounds down range.

Thanks to member @MSparks909, I was able to spend a very enjoyable day shooting at a local range near New Bern NC.

He was kind enough to arrange a loan of his G19G5.

Lots of fun!

We really liked our three days here at the RV park. It's extremely quiet and everything works well.

We ate at the Shamrock restaurant in Williamston for dinner. We enjoyed genuine Fried Chicken, accompanied by collards, sweet potatoes and hush puppies. Mm mm mm.

Tomorrow, we drive the rig to Hubert NC, near Jacksonville. We have a week scheduled there to visit my step son and his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Thanks to member @MSparks909, I was able to spend a very enjoyable day shooting at a local range near New Bern NC.

He was kind enough to arrange a loan of his G19G5.

Lots of fun!

We really liked our three days here at the RV park. It's extremely quiet and everything works well.

We ate at the Shamrock restaurant in Williamston for dinner. We enjoyed genuine Fried Chicken, accompanied by collards, sweet potatoes and hush puppies. Mm mm mm.

Tomorrow, we drive the rig to Hubert NC, near Jacksonville. We have a week scheduled there to visit my step son and his family.
    [emoji106][emoji106]on hush puppies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatypo

Arrived Jacksonville NC yesterday for a week's family visit to my step son.

Campground is very nice; we have a back in spot with an actual wood deck area. This is a first for us and very nice. Strong WiFi as well, plus open view to my Satellite coverage.

The weather continues to suck; warm, humid and uncomfortable. I got soaked connecting the rig yesterday by these big rain drops in a audden downpour. This morning, the skies are grey and sodden, with a light drizzle. Really depressing.

No fixed plans this week, just catching up on family life here in Eastern NC. Route subsequent to this probably depends on the weather, but might include heading back West for a bit into Western NC and the Nantahala National Forest, or possibly Tennessee, but probably not beyond Nashville.

Rich's RV and Shootin' Tour 2017

Fun evening at Trivia Night last night. We came in second of 14 teams woohoo!

Obligatory arrival photo:

I don't stake out the awning arms very often, but given the odd weather I feel better knowing they are secured to the ground stakes. I also don't mind if they get rained on, it's been since Kalispell I rinsed them off. (Normal Zip Dee Awning PM is a cold water rinse, very occasionally spot cleaning.).

The trailer is pretty filthy, kind of funny, since the owner said 'Is that a new trailer?' on our way in. The aluminum really hides the dirt.

Def need to get the truck cleaned up though, it's equally dirty inside and out.
    Last edited by RJ; 10-13-2017 at 08:37 AM.

Rich's RV and Shootin' Tour 2017

Well after a very enjoyable visit with my step son here in Jacksonville NC, we are off tomorrow.

We did the normal family stuff; soccer games, eating dinner out, shooting the breeze on the back porch. We took my grandson to see the My Little Pony movie; which was surprisingly good (for him, I mean lol.)

Anyway, I did manage to score a Glock drink cup. It was "in the closet" at the house and for whatever reason (karma?) I received it at dinner the other night. Kind of prophetic lol.

Anyway, will update on our travels tomorrow once we end up at the destination. We are bound for FL by 1 Nov but are both pretty much done with the traveling at the moment so we may end up near Ocala to catch up with my brother for a few days then head to Clearwater early. TBD.
    Last edited by RJ; 10-21-2017 at 03:52 PM.

User Tag List