Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Rich's RV and Shootin' Tour 2017

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Rich,

Was wondering if you had run into any of these folks in your RV travels....

MEET THE CAMPERFORCE, AMAZON'S NOMADIC RETIREE ARMY

https://www.wired.com/story/meet-cam...-retiree-army/
    Hm. No, I've never heard of that group, actually.

I am not surprised though, a lot of retirees work either out of their rigs or in seasonal jobs. One outfit I have heard of is 'workcampers' as I have talked to one or two of them. They match up jobs with short term RV folks.

I will say I've thought about getting a part time job doing something in Tampa, just to keep me in ammunition. Just not sure what I'd do.

Wow! Very enjoyable dinner tonight in Frankenmuth MI at the Bavarian Inn. Probably the most authentic German food I've had in the States in quite a long while. The chicken was excellent; baked with a wonderful flavor. Same for the Sauerbraten, und rolladen.

Sehr Gemütlich.

Frankenmuth looked super cute.

We stopped at Bronner's Christmas Shop, holy cow they have a lot of ornaments.

We are sorry that we only had the one night, because we are traveling to Port Huron tomorrow. We'll definitely be back up here next year.

Ah, da U.P.!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UU1b_D4pLu4

My wife and I made a few trips to a sea kayak event in Grand Marais, a tiny town with a great beach up On the north coast. We also hiked the Pictured Rock trail for an anniversery celebration. Superior is beautifully clear but bloody cold, even midsummer. There were a couple of spots where we could look at sunken wrecks by rolling the kayaks with a diving mask on. The Pictured Rocks area is spectacular to paddle but can be treacherous -- the cliffs go straight into the water and there's no safe place to land for miles if the weather turns bad.
    Last edited by peterb; 09-25-2017 at 08:27 PM.

Rich, if you enjoy authentic German food, stop by Hollerbach's in Sanford (just off I-4) the next time come through Florida. Gimme a shout if that happens within the next six(ish) months for dinner and hefeweizen on me.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Rich, if you enjoy authentic German food, stop by Hollerbach's in Sanford (just off I-4) the next time come through Florida. Gimme a shout if that happens within the next six(ish) months for dinner and hefeweizen on me.
    Well if you want something sim. to Strait’s offer, I got a sim. option in Dallas @ Kuby’s in Snyder Plaza, seems I was just there Fr. for my monthly resupply.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Wow! Very enjoyable dinner tonight in Frankenmuth MI at the Bavarian Inn. Probably the most authentic German food I've had in the States in quite a long while. The chicken was excellent; baked with a wonderful flavor. Same for the Sauerbraten, und rolladen.
    Been there a few times myself -- always good. If you ever stay in Frankenmuth again, you might stop at Tony's just off 75 for breakfast -- but only if you're hungry for a bunch of good food. And Tiffany's up the street from the Bavarian Inn has really awesome pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Well if you want something sim. to Strait’s offer, I got a sim. option in Dallas @ Kuby’s in Snyder Plaza, seems I was just there Fr. for my monthly resupply.
    Kuby's is awesome. Their daughter, Elke, has opened a place just a mile or so down the road from me.

It is most excellent.

Rich's RV and Shootin' Tour 2017

We are in Port Huron MI. The run from Birch Run was short. So this afternoon we got laundry done and got some groceries.

We'll be a week or so visiting family in Canadia.

Planning note : We are trying to head to the NoVa area 7-10 Oct to check in with my brother in Winchester VA. I may try to get to Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA for some much needed range time.
    Last edited by RJ; 09-26-2017 at 07:51 PM.

Had an enjoyable week here visiting family in the London Ontario area.

Tomorrow we are going to swing back through Port Huron MI, then head over to Flint and down towards Toledo OH.

We'd like to get all the way to Jackson Center OH, where the Airstream Factory is. But likely we'll end up overnighting somewhere in the area north of JC.

After that we are headed East to Winchester VA to see if we can catch dinner with my brother, who lives in the area. And perhaps Manassas (it would be cool to connect up with any NoVa folks at Elite Shooting Sports. This would be possibly 7-8th Oct.

After that, we'll go to the Jacksonville NC area for another family visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    After that we are headed East to Winchester VA to see if we can catch dinner with my brother, who lives in the area. And perhaps Manassas (it would be cool to connect up with any NoVa folks at Elite Shooting Sports. This would be possibly 7-8th Oct.
    If you get the time, the NRA range and HQ isn't that much further from ESS. They've got a pretty neat firearms museum if you haven't seen it before, plus you can get in a 2nd round of shooting time.

User Tag List