Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast

Thread: Rich's RV and Shootin' Tour 2017

Rich's RV and Shootin' Tour 2017

We stopped for the night in Summerton SC. It’s an RV Park next to I95 for us. Nothing special.

Run was 245 miles at 14.0 mpg; not bad. Stopped at Cracker Barrel for the Sunday Fried Chicken dinner and was hugely disappointed. This is usually one of the best things on the menu, but we got rubbery chicken strips, basically.

Harrumph.

We are continuing South Monday, TBD but are heading generally for Ocala FL to connect with my brother for a few days.
    Last edited by RJ; 10-22-2017 at 04:56 PM.

Arrived safely in Ocala for a few days visiting family. We had persistent rain and poor road conditions. The route we used was down I95 to Jax then over to I75. Did three stops, including lunch/fuel for 344 miles, so a fairly long day.

We are just off I75 on Rt200 so pretty near shopping etc.

Rich's RV and Shootin' Tour 2017

Well tomorrow we are off back to spend a couple days at Lazydays near Tampa before heading to our permanent site in Clearwater.

Tuesday I re-injured my back in the same place I’d done a few years ago. Treating it with Ibuprofen, Bio-Freeze and Ice Packs. Friday morning I woke up in pain so yesterday we visited an Orthopedic Doctor in Lady Lake. I got a Cortisone Shot which is helping.

Monday I plan to visit my regular Chiropractor for an adjustment and possibly some TENS treatment. It’s getting slightly better today but not been much fun last few days.

Otherwise it’s been a great visit here with family.
    Last edited by RJ; 10-28-2017 at 09:21 AM.

Back at Lazydays.

8 months almost to the day on the road. It’s been fun.

I hope to gather my thoughts about the trip over the next few days, then post a few closing remarks.

I’ll likely start planning for the 2018 trip to a new thread. We have already made a few reservations; Lakeside MT in June and Sequim WA in August.

We’d also like to go back to Hurricane UT, but early, before it gets hot.

https://www.otcwholesale.com/koalaty-tens7000kit.html

damn near think anyone over 40 needs to just get one of these and have it handy. we're all getting old.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    https://www.otcwholesale.com/koalaty-tens7000kit.html

damn near think anyone over 40 needs to just get one of these and have it handy. we're all getting old.
    I would almost buy one of these.

Did another round of cervical traction, manipulation and TENS today. It’s helping, now instead of a Hatchett buried in my mid back it’s like a Clinch Pick.

...and we arrived today to our winter quarters in Clearwater Florida.

Site is clean, level, nice concrete patio, backs onto a lake, and quiet.

Camp WiFi is 8 down / 1 up, and I have Sat visibility to the Dish 129° bird for HD service. 50A Service is solid, water pressure seems fine.

I think this will be a good place to spend the winter. We plan to be here until April ‘18.

I can tell you that I have the exact same one going on three years now. I love it.I can tell you that I have the exact same one going on three years now. I love it.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Whelp, I had aspirations to add a few notes to close out the thread, but I think I’ll do that for the 2018 version.

I’ve been on the sidelines with acute rotator cuff tendonitus last two weeks. 10/27 I shot 150 rounds, including a lot of defensive ammo in New Bern NC. I had some strong side shoulder pain all the next week, and hooking / unhooking the trailer with the 50 lb stinger was troublesome. I started taking NSAIDs like candy.

Friday I went to see an Ortho Doc in Lady Lake FL and got a corticosteariod shot. Last week I spent time with my Chiropractor, which helped. Tuesday I went back to my regular Orthopaedic Doctor here in Clearwater, and got X Rays (negative) and another shot, actually two. One in the trapezius and one in the rhomboid.

This helped a lot as it gave me some relief from the constant pain. Now I’m on 600 mg of Motrin every eight hours, and I’m isolating my neck an hour three times a day (basically watching movies and web surfing.)

Things are much much better than a few days ago, it’s just going to take a while to heal and I need to keep from reinjuring it.

Anyway, as say I have some thoughts on planning for 2018 I’ll put in next year’s thread, but I think I’m done updating this one, unless there are any questions.

Really enjoyed the thread- looking forward to 2018.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

User Tag List