Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Rich's RV and Shootin' Tour 2017

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    "Wayne, Darryl, and I are bringing our A-Game with even more challenging scenarios for students." - from Caleb Causey.

Oh great, because I really sucked at the non-challenging ones last time, and got "killed". LOL

Yes, I will be there.

Looks like an awesome course.

Unfortunately the 2017 Training Budget has been expended, and going to Rangemaster next year has bitten a big chunk out of 2018's. Plus it's a bit early in Oct for us to be in Big D, given our current plans.

But would definitely like to connect up with you guys around the last week in Oct in or around Grapevine. We are card-carrying Grandparents and fully qualified to make goo-goo noises.

Oh and if you know anyone with, oh I dunno, a mid size HK pistol, who would trade Range time for dinner at Hard 8, lemme know. Asking for a friend.

Mid sized HundK's and Gadget equipped G-locks FTW.

We'll be unavailable 2nd week. Rangemaster Instructor class 3rd weekend. Other than that, we're around.

Edit: Not sure why image is sideways.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by David S.; 07-23-2017 at 11:19 PM.
    David S.

Mid sized HundK's and Gadget equipped G-locks FTW.

We'll be unavailable 2nd week. Rangemaster Instructor class 3rd weekend. Other than that, we're around.

Edit: Not sure why image is sideways.
    I am a grandparent as well, and approve this message.

Well tomorrow we are leaving Portland, back up I5 to Lacey, East of Olympia, for a few days. Basically we are hanging out before going to put the Airstream in storage for the cruise on the 31st.

We had a great time visiting with family here in town.

Today, for example, we had brunch at a cool hipster place in Hawthorne. Food was pretty good; they were very eclectic, serving Vegans and us Carnivores alike. From what I understand Sunday brunch is a thing here, as quite a few folks party through the weekend.

I shot the match Saturday in Dundee, it was great and I had a blast. My comments are in my training journal, but I really really enjoyed it. Very well run and organized. I got to squad up with @Mr_White, which was fantastic for me.

Oddly, I did not take many pictures the last few days, just catching up spending time chit chatting. It was nice to take a break from sight seeing.

We don't have too many plans next week. Catching up on laundry and packing for the cruise, I guess. We don't have much luggage any more, so we are going the 15 days with just a couple small carry-ons.

Going to take the layered approach. Of course, being used to RV life, clothes have three states: Clean, dirty, and Worn Once.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Catching up on laundry and packing for the cruise, I guess. We don't have much luggage any more, so we are going the 15 days with just a couple small carry-ons.

Going to take the layered approach. Of course, being used to RV life, clothes have three states: Clean, dirty, and Worn Once.
    Got a jacket and tie?
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Rich's RV and Shootin' Tour 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Got a jacket and tie?
    Neither. I get it; my first cruise to Alaska was on the stately SS Rotterdam, launched in 1959:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Rotterdam

Sadly the days of putting on a suit to go to dinner on a cruise ship are pretty much over.

I do however plan to get a new fleece zip up and maybe - gasp - some long pants lol.
    Last edited by RJ; 07-24-2017 at 06:46 AM.

I do however plan to get a new fleece zip up and maybe - gasp - some long pants lol.
    And carry rain gear, no doubt . . .

Neither. I get it; my first cruise to Alaska was on the stately SS Rotterdam, launched in 1959:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Rotterdam

Sadly the days of putting on a suit to go to dinner on a cruise ship are pretty much over.

Skipping formal night, then?
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Skipping formal night, then?
    Nah man, I have a pair of chinos and a long sleeve shirt for formal night.

User Tag List