Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Rich's RV and Shootin' Tour 2017

It was great shooting with you at the Section Match, Rich! Thanks so much for attending the match and squadding with me. I thought you represented yourself very well at this, your third USPSA match. You did a great job safely contending with the stages, and frankly putting a lot of hits on target that many shooters would not be able to while under the pressure of a competition. Stage planning is going to require putting in some time shooting USPSA to really get down. And greater pressure and performance goals as you progress are going to keep the shooting challenging.

GREAT JOB!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    It was great shooting with you at the Section Match, Rich! Thanks so much for attending the match and squadding with me. I thought you represented yourself very well at this, your third USPSA match. You did a great job safely contending with the stages, and frankly putting a lot of hits on target that many shooters would not be able to while under the pressure of a competition. Stage planning is going to require putting in some time shooting USPSA to really get down. And greater pressure and performance goals as you progress are going to keep the shooting challenging.

GREAT JOB!
    Praise from Caesar! Ya done good, Rich!

We are at our camp for the next five days here in more or less Lacey WA:

Trip was about 2.5 hours, 14.6 mpg.

We ate lunch in Woodland WA at a really nice local place right off I5 called Rosie's Restaurant. Very good.

The flag bunting is new. We bought it today at an Ace Hardware. I like it.

We saw a Cabela's on the way in, maybe I'll get a chance to stop in and look around.

As say, no real big plans until Saturday and we drive up to our two-day stay before the cruise and put the rig in storage. Should be a quiet week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post

GREAT JOB!
    Thanks Gabe.

Much appreciate the kind words.

Behold.

Picked up a new Cabelas Navy Fleece for the trip, on sale for $20.

They had lotsa guns, all at list price, but no HK mags, at all. Saw but did not fondle a P2000 V3. Too many mouth breathers at the counter.

Oddly, I saw a Walther PPS M2 8 rounder in the bargain rack. Weird.

Saw this guy too:

Rich's RV and Shootin' Tour 2017

So just a few DIY thoughts on RV leveling, or at least how it goes for us.

Besides comfort, if you have a typical RV absorptive refrigerator, the ammonia solution used for coolant works best if the zig zag tubes on the back of the fridge is within a degree of so of level.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absorption_refrigerator

We use either one or two of what are known as 'lego blocks', which come in a pack of 10, under the wheels.

So, today for example, I needed about 0.6° on the right side, so I drove up on a block apiece:

I use the Clinometer App on my smartphone, and a screen grab hard copy (because I can't remember the darn numbers):

Once the side to side is determined, I just use the electric tongue jack to adjust the front to back level.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by RJ; 07-26-2017 at 11:33 AM.

So, we are wrapping up the week here in Lacey WA tomorrow.

Did laundry, packed some clothes, did some shopping and picked up a few things.

One fairly major change was we opted into an unlimited data plan with Verizon. Given how poorly camp WiFi has performed (poor latency, low throughout, spotty coverage, security exposure) we're going to see how this goes.

Tomorrow we motor up I5 for a couple days stay. Then Monday the limo picks us up to drive to the Cruise ship pier in Seattle.

A future planning update: post cruise we'll be in Couer d'Alene ID 21-28 Aug. I'll need to check if there are any matches in the area the weekend of 26-27 Aug.
    Last edited by RJ; 07-28-2017 at 05:53 PM.

I used the new beta Practiscore search function, released today, to search for a match:

https://practiscore.com/search/matches

I found this Level 1 match in Mica WA, 35 miles or so from Couer, on Sunday 27 Aug:

So we arrived in Seattle today. No problem with the drive. We went East; so going the 167 avoided Tacoma and then just a few spots on the 405 to contend with.

I managed somehow to lose my hitch pin in the campground yesterday. I must have laid it on the bumper and drive off. So I had to buy a new Class V 5/8" pin with a lock. Which actually was ok; I'm not sure the pin I had was a Class V as it had bent slightly. Anyway the new pin appears much more robust and fits fine. The new locking pin (and a spare, Cotter pin locked one, $5, just in case) was $25.
    Last edited by RJ; 07-29-2017 at 02:53 PM.

Okay, I gotta ask: Is that a yurt behind the Airstream?

User Tag List