Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sen. Rand Paul Assault

Sen. Rand Paul Assault

I’m generally not one for conspiracy theories, but this one smells fishy. For those unfamiliar with the incident, Sen. Paul was reportedly attacked 5 days ago by his leftist neighbor who also happens to be a doctor. Details of the attack are more than sketchy, but Paul was supposedly tackled while mowing his lawn.

His assailant has been charged with simple assault causing minor injuries despite Paul receiving SIX broken ribs, pulmonary contusions, a developing pleural effusion, and 5 days in the hospital. That is far, far more than minor injuries and the FBI shows no interest in determining if the attack was politically motivated. Moreover, the attacker’s lawyer has been all over the media claiming that the incident was over a trivial gardening / lawn disagreement, while Paul’s staff has been curiously tight lipped and only releasing brief updates on the Senator’s condition.

The cynic in me is starting to think that the two had a grow operation going...
    Last edited by Sensei; 11-09-2017 at 10:04 AM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I’m generally not one for conspiracy theories, but this one smells fishy. For those unfamiliar with the incident, Sen. Paul was reportedly attacked 5 days ago by his leftist neighbor who also happens to be a doctor. Details of the attack are more than sketchy, but Paul was supposedly tackled while mowing his lawn.

His assailant has been charged with simple assault with minor injuries despite Paul receiving SIX broken ribs, pulmonary contusions, a developing pleural effusion, and 5 days in the hospital. That is far, far more than minor injuries and the FBI shows no interest in determining if the attack was politically motivated. Moreover, the attacker’s lawyer has been all over the media claiming that the incident was over a trivial gardening / lawn disagreement, while Paul’s staff has been curiously tight lipped and only releasing brief updates on the Senator’s condition.

The cynic in me is starting to think that the two had a grow operation going...
    What is a grow operation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GCBHM View Post
    What is a grow operation?

Pot

Pot
    Ok, just wanted to verify. And why do you suspect that?

Quote Originally Posted by GCBHM View Post
    Ok, just wanted to verify. And why do you suspect that?

I was being a bit sarcastic, but think about it for a second. Two middle aged neighbors in Kentucky rolling around on the ground over their “lawn”; one is an anesthesiologist and the other a politician who would legalize pot tomorrow if he could. It could have been a script taken out of Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul.

While my reference to pot was a bit tongue and cheek, I do find this whole affair fishy.

I do agree it’s all a bit askance.

Probably a lover's quarrel.

I see that the assailant has entered a plea of not guilty. Be interesting to see what comes out in the wash.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Probably a lover's quarrel.

I see that the assailant has entered a plea of not guilty. Be interesting to see what comes out in the wash.
    I would have thought that two physician-lovebirds from Kentucky could have settled their differences over a bottle of Jim Beam, a handful of oxy, and a tank of nitrous oxide (one being an anesthesiologist).

As it stands now, Paul is probably out for the rest of 2017 which further threatens the already fragile tax reform package.

Just goes to show you that you can never fully let your guard down.

I would have thought that two physician-lovebirds from Kentucky could have settled their differences over a bottle of Jim Beam, a handful of oxy, and a tank of nitrous oxide (one being an anesthesiologist).

As it stands now, Paul is probably out for the rest of 2017 which further threatens the already fragile tax reform package.
    From what I've seen and heard from Rand for years (I do admire his native intelligence) and the little I've read of the other guys bio - I can imagine both being insufferable neighbors.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List