Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Small HK Handgun?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell, Esq. View Post
    HK Small handgun is the HK45c. They call it compact. What you call it is not relevant because you are not Teutonic and have no opinion.
    Name:  HK%u00252Bt-shirt.jpg
Views: 741
Size:  18.4 KB
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Name:  HK%u00252Bt-shirt.jpg
Views: 741
Size:  18.4 KB
    They may hate me, but when I am on my game and watch the front sight the rocks go where I want to throw them...

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell, Esq. View Post
    They may hate me, but when I am on my game and watch the front sight the rocks go where I want to throw them...
    they may hate us but at least they make a gun that ejects properly..

I don't think anyone has ever accused HK of being agile responding to market forces.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I don't think anyone has ever accused HK of being agile responding to market forces.
    Of course not; because they don't give a shit. Their focus is on military/law enforcement. You remember those German Sig engineers who came to see us, and got offended when we suggested a few improvements that would make the 226 a better pistol for US?

The difference, of course, is that HK's stuff IS better, and except for the V1 triggers doesn't need any improvements. The LAST thing in their minds is we concealed carry types.

There has been a new small HK piece, the HK3, in development for a few years now. Sadly, it's a .380, and now that the G42 pretty much has a wrap on the worth-a-shit-.380-pistol venue, I personally think HK has bagged it. As much as I love HK, I certainly would not buy no steenkin' .380... Just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Of course not; because they don't give a shit. Their focus is on military/law enforcement. You remember those German Sig engineers who came to see us, and got offended when we suggested a few improvements that would make the 226 a better pistol for US?

The difference, of course, is that HK's stuff IS better, and except for the V1 triggers doesn't need any improvements. The LAST thing in their minds is we concealed carry types.

There has been a new small HK piece, the HK3, in development for a few years now. Sadly, it's a .380, and now that the G42 pretty much has a wrap on the worth-a-shit-.380-pistol venue, I personally think HK has bagged it. As much as I love HK, I certainly would not buy no steenkin' .380... Just sayin...

ya I don't like to get super mall ninja but I refuse to purchase or carry a 380. That is what J frames are for, 38 wad-cutter will do the job. A single stack 9mm hk would get my attention though... anyone hiring idea tanks at hk?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    A single stack 9mm hk would get my attention though... anyone hiring idea tanks at hk?
    Doubtful. The HK engineers at Oberndorf are just like those Kraut engineers at Sig-Neuhausen were 30+ years ago... Truly brilliant, but if THEY didn't think of it, then it wasn't worth thinking about.

Came across this video last night, funnily enough. It is auf Deutsch but I've watched enough Hogan's Hero's to get the drift

From 2008:

On the thread, can't add anything to the above. As one of the great unwashed who bought a VP9 last year, I like it, it pretty much works. I was among those who were waiting for a VP9SK, but I gave up in March and bought a Walther PPS M2. Good carry gun, kinda heavy for the magazine capacity, is the only problem I have with it...
    Last edited by RJ; 09-23-2016 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post

I think I'm starting to come around regarding not wanting to conceal carry a 380 acp. I just ordered a new ruger lcp 380,and I should have it in my hands in a week or so. I'm thinking I might sell it when I get it ,and get either a j frame, or a 9mm semi-auto.
    Last edited by lawnguy; 09-23-2016 at 06:12 PM.

Did you buy it online or have a Local Gun Store ( LGS) order it for you? You may have options but its going to cost you.

QUOTE=lawnguy;505078]I think I'm starting to come around regarding not wanting to conceal carry a 380 acp. I just ordered a new ruger lcp 380,and I should have it in my hands in a week or so. I'm thinking I might sell it when I get it ,and get either a j frame, or a 9mm semi-auto.[/QUOTE]
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List