Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Small HK Handgun?

Small HK Handgun?

I wonder if HK will ever offer a small handgun close in size to the Ruger LCP?
    Last edited by lawnguy; 09-23-2016 at 10:19 AM.

Not likely. The smallest pistol I can recall them dabbling with was the HK4. It was a 9mm sized pistol that weighed right at a pound and it was chambered in .22 LR along with the .25, .32 & .380 ACP cartridges. I didn't find it terribly impressive back in the 80's and in todays market, probably even less.
    Last edited by 41magfan; 09-23-2016 at 10:26 AM.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by lawnguy View Post
    I wonder if HK will ever offer a small handgun close in size to the Ruger LCP?
    HK Small handgun is the HK45c. They call it compact. What you call it is not relevant because you are not Teutonic and have no opinion.
    Last edited by Mitchell, Esq.; 09-23-2016 at 10:27 AM.

P2000sk?
    i used to wannabe

It will take nano technology to fit as many parts as HK requires into a LCP sized gun.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Time will tell. P2000sk is pretty smallish but not a real sub-compact. There's also the P7 but that's more a historical piece.

They're not really a deep concealment focused company. They're more of the SEAL-DELTA-SAS-ALPHA-OMEGA forces sales type.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Probably not, and the asshole in me kinda appreciates the fact they give zero fucks about certain segments of the market. For the most part HK seems to stay in their lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Probably not, and the asshole in me kinda appreciates the fact they give zero fucks about certain segments of the market. For the most part HK seems to stay in their lane.
    I don't look at it as ZFG but more like, "We do what we do better than everyone else (at least in our opinion) and if we can't be the best why bother?"

Besides, the cost of an HK32ACP gun would be $1,000.

Which means it wouldn't be worth making.

All good points made about HK choosing to stay in their preferred lane in which they thrive.

I would also add that pocket 380's had their day shortly after the release of the LCP. Manufactures rushed to market with their own version since Ruger was selling them as fast as they could make them. This was still during a time when one could easily find a 9mm vs 45acp conversation that had not been, what is now considered by most, settled.

Lot's of online and gun store talk about "it might as well be small since it isn't a 40 or 45 anyway" (remember, PF and it's general membership are a very small slice of the gun pie). Anyway, 9mm continued to gain popularity, just as a lot experienced people said it would, and along came the Shield. Almost overnight the trend changed from small single stack 380's to single stack 9mm's. Same market trend, different caliber. Fast forward a little bit to the FBI announcing it's intention to move back to 9mm and the little 380's are a mostly a niche market (think BUG) at this point.

Lot's of hopping around and bullets omitted in there in and effort to be concise.

TL;DR - HK will not make a little 380 because, by and large, the market has moved on to 9mm. They won't make one of those either.

There was talk. Had been referred to as "HK3" rumors were .380 vs 9mm. Rep mentioned "keep your eyes peeled at NRA" for a gun the ladies would like or something close to that. I haven't hear of anything more recent.

User Tag List