Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New Ruger Mark IV autoloader...

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    For those of us who shoot Bullseye with an accurized Ruger...
    Well, there's your problem. Both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Last weekend I spent shooting Ruger's new Mark IV .22LR pistol.

The loaded chamber indicator is gone, the gripframe is now a single piece machined from a forging instead of being two welded stampings, and (most importantly) takedown is a single button at the rear of the frame that allows the gun to break open like an AR or shotgun.

Very nice. Have you tried the new S&W Victory model? I'm wondering how it compares.
    Last edited by Jeep; 09-23-2016 at 12:42 PM.

Thanks, Tamara. Until this morning I was pretty satisfied with the Mk III 22/45 in the safe.

(The disassembly or reassembly, magazine safety, loaded chamber indicator, none of that bothers me much. But an ambidextrous safety? About friggin' time...! 8) )

Apologize if already mentioned - estimated street price or MSRP?
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Very nice. Have you tried the new S&W Victory model? I'm wondering how it compares.
    I sold my 22/45 and replaced it with the S&W 22 Victory. Compared to the Mark III, the ease of takedown and cleaning the Victory is outstanding. I wonder if the Mark IV was developed in response to the S&W Victory. Around here, they can't keep the Victory in stock. The Mark IV looks like it greatly trumps the Victory in ease of takedown.

Quote Originally Posted by guymontag View Post
    Apologize if already mentioned - estimated street price or MSRP?
    http://www.ruger.com/products/markIVTarget/models.html

MSRP

$529 & $689 (SS) Target model

$769 Hunter model

Which seems high to me, but I'll still probably buy one. I've been in the market for a .22 pistol for a long time (years) and this might be the one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Shot View Post
    $529 & $689 (SS) Target model

$769 Hunter model

Which seems high to me
    Eesh, yeah. I mean, my wife and I would probably both enjoy it, but that's a lot of cash for a .22 pistol.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Eesh, yeah. I mean, my wife and I would probably both enjoy it, but that's a lot of cash for a .22 pistol.
    Nobody sells at MSRP except, like, Bass Pro Shops and Gander Mountain.

Bud's lists the Mark III Hunter at $524 and the stainless Target Mark III at $428. MSRPs are $729 and $629, respectively.
    Last edited by Tamara; 09-23-2016 at 04:08 PM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Nobody sells at MSRP except, like, Bass Pro Shops and Gander Mountain.

Bud's lists the Mark III Hunter at $524 and the stainless Target Mark III at $428. MSRPs are $729 and $629, respectively.

Call me a cheapskate, I guess, but that still sounds expensive to me. I have a hard time understanding why a Ruger .22 pistol costs double or more what a Ruger .22 rifle does. The rifle indisputably takes more raw materials, and the two objects do essentially the same thing (launch a .22LR projectile, hopefully with reasonably good accuracy and reliability), but the rifle's MSRP is $300-350, and the pistol's ranges from just over $500 to just under $800. Does the pistol require much higher levels of machine or assembly time for some reason? Is the profit margin on the pistols just way higher? I suppose in the end, it's whatever they think the market will bear, but it's difficult for poor old me to understand.

User Tag List