Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Lawful Self-Defense to "Run-Down" Rioters?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Greg was interviewed on this topic on Ballistic Radio recently, good listen if you haven't heard it. Some interesting info.

For instance, apparently your window glass is harder to break if you lower the window 1/2".

I'll track down the link.

Edit: here is the link:

http://ballisticradio.com/2016/11/23...ember-11-2016/

Thanks, Rich - between pf and sites such as Ballistic Radio, we have simply great sources of information. I don't remember ever being this pumped when I go online. Just terrific material, day after day.

Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    Keep your windows rolled up. The easiest way to break a car window, laminated or safety glass, is to grab the top edge and pull.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvQJKfJOako

Theoretically making a car window harder to break with an impact, but really easy to break by pulling is a total failure in risk mitigation.

Breaking safety glass windows is easy, it's all about shot placement, it's really hard to break them by hitting them in the middle. It doesn't take much to break them by hitting them in the corners.
    What about not rolling it down enough to get fingers in there.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    At which point for me, it's 4WD Low and throttle up that 800 lb ft of the Cummins.
    How much steering do you lose in 4wd on dry pavement? That little extra forward traction you get from the front wheels may not be worth loss of steering. Part time 4wd and evasive action on dry roads can be tricky.

At a gas well I used to deliver sand to, there was a paved road that ended and turned into a dirt road. Leaving the site the dirt and paved road was straight, and about a quarter mile down there was a sharp 90 degree bend in the paved road. When it was muddy guys in pickups would regularly fly down the road dirt road in 4wd, get to the pavement keep going in 4wd, and get to the bend and go straight off the road when they couldn't steer.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    How much steering do you lose in 4wd on dry pavement? That little extra forward traction you get from the front wheels may not be worth loss of steering. Part time 4wd and evasive action on dry roads can be tricky.
    I suppose it depends on how many protestors I have to climb over.

Good point on 4WD. If I was in a serious situation, one suspects I'd just gun it in the condition the truck normally rolls in, namely 2 high.

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    Remember the South African anti carjacking flame device ?
    Remember the Rhodesian roof-mounted 360 degree 12 gauge shotgun anti-terrorist device, the one with with the hand crank that fired multiple strikers?

SOF magazine featured it once, back in the 80s, but I can't find any online reference to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    Remember the Rhodesian roof-mounted 360 degree 12 gauge shotgun anti-terrorist device, the one with with the hand crank that fired multiple strikers?

SOF magazine featured it once, back in the 80s, but I can't find any online reference to it.
    This?:https://for-god-and-country.blog/201...ush-weapons-2/
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Thank you! That's it. 'The Spider.' : )

Fighting vehicles and weapons of Rhodesia, 1965-80 Peter G. Locke, Peter D. F. Cooke ISBN13: 9780473024130 ISBN10: 0473024136

I know what I want for Christmas.
    Last edited by Wendell; 11-24-2016 at 09:26 PM.

You guys are starting to scare me now.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

wait'll you see what they have planned for the guys dating their daughters.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    Just when I think nothing can surprise me, you guys come up with something way over the top - like this.

Thanks for making my morning coffee taste even better.

User Tag List