Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Lawful Self-Defense to "Run-Down" Rioters?

Interesting and appropriate topic for the times.. From what I have read so far: 1) Avoidance first, know here you are going and how to get there, if you expect trouble don't go or go wide around. 2) pounding on the car isn't cause to run anybody over, trying to open the door or threatening with a gun is cause to keep moving slow and steady.
    Is that about it?

It's an imperfect science.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    It's an imperfect science.
    Roger that, very situational dependent.

Any recent developments in tactics to deal with armed crowds, in light of the thread on BLM/Antifa in Portland this week?

A big difference I see now is that we are seeing very well armed individuals (long guns, plate carriers) in these groups. Having just a pistol as a typical CCWer puts you really on the wrong end of a shooting conflict.

@rj, my guess is that anyone who uses deadly force against BLM or Antifa will be the focus of prosecution to the extreme. City, county, and state officials have made it clear that leftist ‘protesters’ are the good guys, pretty much no matter what they do.

A jury trial is not likely to go in the favor of someone trying to defend themselves.

Steer clear. Take a beating if necessary. The alternatives are worse.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Problem with taking a beating is one can be easily maimed / killed by multiples even if not intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    I took some EVOC in OSUT, but it was a check the box thing. A couple folks (i.e. Werner, Hill) have talked about considering taking a defensive driving class, but is there an open enrollment organization/trainer that offers this sort of training that addresses the concerns in this thread? When I think 'defensive driving', I think of the remedial lecture usually taken as a diversion to waive points or a fine, which I know is still good information to retain.
    You'll likely find more results if you search for anti-terrorism or evasive driving classes.

Here's an organization I can personally vouch for: https://bsr-inc.com/
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Lawful Self-Defense to "Run-Down" Rioters?

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    Problem with taking a beating is one can be easily maimed / killed by multiples even if not intended.
    No argument about that.

Only partially joking about this part: BLM / Antifa E&E kit:
    Black shirt with leftist slogan
    Gas mask
    Helmet
    Sealed eye pro
    Blunt trauma weapons

Abandon vehicle, if necessary claim to have stolen it. Most of the enemy is stoned, so it won’t take much to blend in long enough to escape.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 05-08-2021 at 08:19 AM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    @rj, my guess is that anyone who uses deadly force against BLM or Antifa will be the focus of prosecution to the extreme. City, county, and state officials have made it clear that leftist ‘protesters’ are the good guys, pretty much no matter what they do.

A jury trial is not likely to go in the favor of someone trying to defend themselves.

Steer clear. Take a beating if necessary. The alternatives are worse.
    Who knew there would be a market for "I'd rather be carried by 6 than judged by 12" gear?

User Tag List