Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Lawful Self-Defense to "Run-Down" Rioters?

Ma! Dad got the truck dirty again! There's liberals stuck in the tire treads!
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    Remember the Rhodesian roof-mounted 360 degree 12 gauge shotgun anti-terrorist device, the one with with the hand crank that fired multiple strikers?

SOF magazine featured it once, back in the 80s, but I can't find any online reference to it.
    They also had one called the "Holland Hail Organ" if I remember correctly.

Saw this pop up on my newsfeed, interesting example:

http://www.leoaffairs.com/featured/n...-block-street/

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Saw this pop up on my newsfeed, interesting example:

http://www.leoaffairs.com/featured/n...-block-street/
    NOT GUILTY.
    Also, sue that fat bitch for any damages to the car. I'm sure the grille and hood got crushed from the impact.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

"Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Thought I would bump this in light of the advertised Antifa demonstrations alleged to be planned for today.

And a repost of this article:

http://www.activeresponsetraining.ne...n-your-vehicle

...and here we go again.

Thought I would top this thread as opposed to start a new one, as with the riots and all lately this has been on my mind.

I re-read the thread again and wanted to quote some memorable responses:

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    To the original question:
    I was reviewing my notes from MAG40 yesterday, and found the bit where Mas says that, in court proceedings regarding self-defense, "CYA" stands for Can You Articulate why you felt threatened, and why (in this case) you felt that the best way to deal with the threat was to "drive on", and let anyone in front of you worry about their own safety?

"I felt threatened by the behavior of the mob, and it was obvious to me that the best thing for me to do was get out of there. I put it in drove, and leaned on the horn. I wasn't trying to hit anyone, and was trying to go slowly enough to push them aside, but they kept pounding on the hood and the roof and..." {breaks into sobs...}
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post

My other suggestion is to carry poster board and a Magic Marker. Ditch the car, make a sign supporting the cause and join in - then move out of the crowd.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Well this seems to be in the news again, with the reports of anti-Trump protests interacting with cars / Trucks.

Today I'm going to re-read my copy of Mr. Branca's book and remind myself of the five elements of a self-defense justification.
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Coming soon to a dealer near you...

"Tired of calling the missus and saying you'll be home late from work yet again? Can't pick up the kids on time after soccer practice? Well, now you don't have to let those pesky social justice warriors stand in your way. That's right, now you can equip your vehicle with the amazing Ronco Riot Reamer. But wait...if you order a new Ronco Riot Reamer within the next 30 minutes, we'll double your order! That's right, now both you and your spouse or loved one can both make it home for your favorite shows without letting those annoying rioters stand in your way. Operators are standing by."
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I think that scenario was already addressed some pages back along with pregnant wife about to give birth, transporting someone having a heart attack in your vehicle etc etc.

The bottom line is that we can always come up with scenarios of varying probability and the best decision will always be to use the least amount of force required to extricate yourself from a life threatening situation.

There will be times when the requisite and justifiable amount of force necessary to preserve life and limb may rise to the level of depriving someone else of theirs.

One must be prepared to answer for their decisions and what a "reasonable and prudent" person would do in the same circumstances should carry the day (absent the vagaries of politics and agenda).
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Greg was interviewed on this topic on Ballistic Radio recently, good listen if you haven't heard it. Some interesting info.

For instance, apparently your window glass is harder to break if you lower the window 1/2".

I'll track down the link.

Edit: here is the link:

http://ballisticradio.com/2016/11/23...ember-11-2016/
    What are your thoughts these days, three years later? Has anything changed as regards dealing with being in a car surrounded by "protesters"?

Student
    I took some EVOC in OSUT, but it was a check the box thing. A couple folks (i.e. Werner, Hill) have talked about considering taking a defensive driving class, but is there an open enrollment organization/trainer that offers this sort of training that addresses the concerns in this thread? When I think 'defensive driving', I think of the remedial lecture usually taken as a diversion to waive points or a fine, which I know is still good information to retain.

Site Supporter
    Name:  F8C36CBF-BA1B-4656-8083-E66B3ED22038.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  43.6 KB

Armed Florida man charged with driving into George Floyd protesters

William John Connelly, 64, was charged with six counts of aggravated assault after his run-in with demonstrators around 2 p.m. Saturday and “refusing to alter his driving path,” Gainesville police said on Twitter. Connelly was with his son and driving a Kia Soul on Main Street as a 1,000-person protest — over Floyd’s Minneapolis death — in Bo Diddley Plaza and Depot Park was breaking up, the Ocala Star-Banner reported. Police allege Connelly then steered the vehicle around two cars and into the crowd, forcing demonstrators to jump to safety, the outlet said. “They did smash the windshield with some object, we’re not sure exactly what it was,” a police spokeswoman told WCJB-TV. “The driver then did flee northbound on Main Street. Our officers responded immediately and effected a traffic stop, where he was taken into custody.” He was being held at the Alachua County Jail on $30,000 bail as of Sunday morning, the Ocala paper said.
    https://nypost.com/2020/05/31/armed-...yd-protesters/

User Tag List