Thread: No More Tommy's Gunpacks

No More Tommy's Gunpacks

Got this in email:
    Hello! I am contacting you to let you know that Kickin' A Packs 'N Stuff, home of The Original Tommy's Gun Pack, will be CLOSING FOR GOOD. We thought we would keep the business going after Pat's retirement. After giving this matter a considerate amount of thought and discussion, we have decided we do not have what it takes (without Pat's expertise) to keep the business going. We tried to postpone Pat's retirement for as long as possible, but Pat's health will not allow him to continue. Pat has agreed to see the business through the end of the year. So, we are letting everyone know the END of The Original Tommy's Gun Pack is near. We have no existing inventory. Pat has committed to keep sewing packs until 1/1/2017, or until we run out of material. This only leaves a limited amount of time to get the best gun pack on the market. You only have a short time left to get the extra pack or packs you need for the future. Please do not wait until it is too late. When the material and supplies it takes to manufacture any of the Tommy's Gun Pack models and colors are depleted from inventory, there will be no more. Everything will be sold on a first come, first serve basis. All good things must come to a end. You can keep your Tommy's Gun Pack working for you as long as you still have a spare or two or ten (!) remaining in your possession. All of us here at Kickin' A Packs N' Stuff, home of The Original Tommy's Gun Pack, would like to thank you for the business and support you have given us for the last 25+ years. We would not have made it without you, our loyal customers. You've been like family to us.
    I think the consensus has been that, if a fanny pack is what you need/want, then Tommy's Gun Packs are pretty damned good. So maybe some might want to pick up a few for Christmas, or just spares.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    Got the same email. Disappointing to read about both the owner's health issues as well as the ending of the business. I use a fanny pack when I exercise, and these are the best I have seen.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Sorry to hear this. Hands down, my favorite fanny pack!

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Sorry to hear this. Hands down, my favorite fanny pack!
    so besides this what are the other options? I am not above rocking a fanny pack..

They still have some inventory...order a couple of different sizes and hold onto them for various uses.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Nyeti"

Bummer! I got in on that amazing deal they had a few months ago, I feel like it was just pay for s&h for a large pack. It's my in-car med pack, strapped around the posts of my seat's headrest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    so besides this what are the other options? I am not above rocking a fanny pack..
    Depends on what you want to use it for. I like the Tommy's Gun Pack for exercise, which for me is weightlifting, running (past) and biking (present). The wide strap is comfortable, and the pack has plenty of room for my wallet, keys, and mobile phone. Nylon allows me to toss it in the washing machine.

Coronado Leather makes some excellent fanny packs, but better suited to different purposes. They do the best job of any fanny pack I have ever seen of not looking like a gun pack, and I have successfully used them in light NPE environments. They have less room for carrying other stuff. Fitting my keys, wallet, and cell phone in their size small pack along with my G26 is possible but a bit challenging. Leather limits my options for cleaning the pack.

Too bad they are going away. My youngest boy stores his 92FS and spare mags in one that I gave him after getting a 3-pack with S/M/L sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    When I went to a gym regularly, I used a TDI fanny pack with good results:

http://www.lapolicegear.com/kabar-tdi-fanny-pack.html
    Last edited by Chuck Whitlock; 09-24-2016 at 09:23 AM.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

I bought a couple when they had them listed for $10. I think it's the large size... It's big, but pretty handy to have for the gym

User Tag List