Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RCS "Copia" mag carriers

Has anybody put much time in with these since their initial release? I'm probably going to grab one to keep around as a universal pouch/loaner when shooting with other people without much gear, but it will be a few weeks or more until i get around to it. Do they ride closer to the body than say a CCC bmc, JMCK spm, or kytex single carrier? I prefer bmc's but they tend to ride a bit high and print for me. The JMCK options and kytex are fine as well but figure maybe these will pull the mag closer to the body. I don't have any experience with pancake designs.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Has anybody put much time in with these since their initial release? I'm probably going to grab one to keep around as a universal pouch/loaner when shooting with other people without much gear, but it will be a few weeks or more until i get around to it. Do they ride closer to the body than say a CCC bmc, JMCK spm, or kytex single carrier? I prefer bmc's but they tend to ride a bit high and print for me. The JMCK options and kytex are fine as well but figure maybe these will pull the mag closer to the body. I don't have any experience with pancake designs.
    Yes, pancake pouches will ride closer but may potentially be a smidge slower.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    I have been using these for a while now and have made a few observations.

First, they are pretty useful if you have to switch pistol types on a regular or semi frequent basis. Depending on what I am doing I go from a CZ to HK with an occasional Beretta 92 thrown in (all DA/SA to minimize the odds of getting kilt in da streetz). They allow for quick and easy adjustment. Bonus is you can also set the retention level as well, depending on preference.

For me, they do not work as well with Glock mags. I find myself having to back the screw out so much I worry about it falling out. I use the legacy pouches for Glocks.

Second, the double carriers are too widely spaced, and the curve is not always conducive to where I prefer them on my waistline. I realize the spacing is part of the price you pay for modularity, I can live with that, just realize they will take up a lot of space on the belt. The curve is such that outside of a sweet spot at about my 9 o’clock, they leave a gap between the back of the carriers and my waist, increasing printing. If I want to run them a little forward of 9, I have to deal with this. For me they are best in single mag applications.

I like the fact they can be used on either side. If I need to carry southpaw due to injury, I don’t need to pay for new pouches.

I originally ordered mine in the short configuration, thinking minimalist is better. That is fine, but if you want to use the wings (which for me give the greatest flexibility in placement) you will need the regular profile, which works with everything.

I think overall they are useful, but like everything else that is designed to work across a wide variety of applications, they do not work as well as dedicated carriers for any particular magazine.
    Polite Professional

User Tag List